Where do we start?

Louis POV

            Liam dismisses himself to go bed and Danielle and the lads stand around awkwardly. All of us, although not angry or alarmed, were trying to let all of the information sink in.

“So, wanna go on a date sometime Dani?” Niall says giggling before he can get the entire phrase out. Danielle’s response is a brilliant smile as she jokingly retorts, “No love, sorry, Liam was a beard for me too”

            All of our jaws drop open again for the second time that night and she bursts into a fit of giggles.

“I’m kidding guys, relax”

“Have you known the whole time?”

“Yes, I was hired to be his beard. Liam told Simon a while ago. He didn’t want to tell you guys because he didn’t want to hurt your chances, so he went in blind”

“So Liam”

“I know right, always the martyr” I respond to Zayn.

“I do love him guys, I really do. I just want him to be happy and I’m glad that he’s told you because he has felt downright miserable these past few months. Every time something new happens with Harry, he’s absolutely gutted. You guys haven’t seen him at night. I hate seeing Liam hurt, I hate it more than anything. If I wasn’t so small and I knew that Liam wouldn’t be mad, I would have punched Harry in the face already to be honest.”

“But he doesn’t know” I say.

“Would it matter?” She retorts scoffing at the end like Harry caring about someone is an impossibility.

“Let’s just say that we’re all having our own problems Dani. I can’t defend his dumbassery or excuse it, but I know he’s struggling with something too”

“I get that, just, why does he have to be so reckless? Liam would do anything for you guys, especially him. Tonight he pretty much told Liam that he was positive that Liam didn’t care for him”

“He didn’t?” I exclaimed, a little taken aback, even for harry that seemed especially short-sighted.

“He did. He told Liam that he knew that Liam didn’t care about him. He suggested that Liam preferred all of you guys over him. Which we all know is a lie since Liam has been pining over Harry for a long time now. He loves all of you equally on the platonic forefront, but he really does care about Harry and Harry is breaking him apart and I can’t let him. I refuse to let him. You guys think that he’s important to you? He helped save me from myself and he’s been my rock and I cannot sit around and let Harry hurt him. You guys have had no idea. It’s been my arms that he’s been crying into. We were both so broken and now I’m fixed, but he’s still waiting on Harry to stop being such a tosser so he can just tell him and move on. He just needs to move on.”

            I tried not to show my emotions, especially since I didn’t know whether or not to be furious or jump around in a circle like an idiot. They both loved each other! Now the only thing in the way is that Liam believes that Harry brings home a different bird to fuck every night because he’s straight. Which is actually just Harry acting like the proper wanker he is. It totally makes sense now that Liam slapped him in the face. I would have too had I walked in on the man I loved in bed with yet another random blonde tucked under the sheets. Truth is, Harry probably hadn’t even known her name, he probably just left her there in hopes that she’d find her way out of the house herself.

            I truly love Harry, I have never had a better mate. If I’m honest about it, we’re closer than any of the other lads are to each other. We get each other. We love each other immensely. We also have no boundaries, but that’s not because we want each other that way it’s because we trust each other fully and we know what we’re comfortable with. I noticed when he began to withdraw, but I didn’t know why. It was probably subconscious on his part, he wanted Liam on his side, so he stopped being cheeky with me when the lads were around. I suppose I should’ve gotten the hint then, but when he made a complete u-turn and started bringing home girls every night, I didn’t really know what was happening.