Telling

-AN-

tired and trying to get my life together. I'm starting two new larrys. they will be, I believe, shorter stories, but sometimes i don't exactly write as I say I will. I hope you enjoy. Please leave feedback, it's greatly appreciated. love you all. xx

All knowing narrator (aka omnicent)

Neither were aware of how long they were standing there sorting through the argument that just took place. When they both finally saw the time they realised they had to do something. Liam had to tell the boys what happened and Harry had to drink away the memories of disappointing the love of his life.

The night turned out to be absolutely wretched for both of the lads. After the argument, Harry found himself dressing even faster and practically sprinting out the door before anyone could ever see that something was wrong. However, not before Liam went into his room, slamming the door and putting his head into Danielle’s lap. Harry might have sprinted out the door, but not before he heard Liam mutter words that have never been true.

“I don’t understand why he hates me so much. I’ve tried so hard Dani, but it’s like he pretends I don’t exist, like he looks through me instead of at me.”

Harry’s feet wanted to freeze, keeping him right outside the door oto the room, but that meant getting questions. Questions he wasn’t ready to answer. Harry needed to keep his secrets a little bit longer, just as Liam was deciding to spill his.

“Dani, I have to tell the lads”

“Are you sure babe? I really don’t want you to get hurt”

“I know, but it hurts me more to think that all of them might believe that I’m purposefully trying to hurt Harry. I don’t want them to think less of me in that way. I can control how good of a person I am, I can’t control being gay. I rather them hate me for something I can do nothing about.”

“I just don’t want you to be sad anymore Liam. I want you to be happy and smile like you always used to. I hate how sad this whole situation has made you. You’ve never seemed broken before”

“I’ve never had to keep a secret. My light-heartedness has always kept people close to me. I’ve never had something that I couldn’t tell before. I don’t like being unhappy. Smiling for people and taking care of people makes me so happy I can’t even explain. It’s just that, knowing that I’ll never be the one who loves and takes care of Harry has been eating at those feelings.”

Danielle had never heard Liam speak so lowly and sound so under. She just continued to run her fingers threw his hair trying to think of the best way she could support him. When Simon contacted her to be Liam’s beard she had been thrilled about it. Fresh out of a relationship herself she would have an excuse to not date other people. She wouldn’t have to be honest and tell the guys she went out with that she still had another lad on her mind.

Liam had helped fix her and she had been his support system. He held her as she cried, trying to figure out how she got cheated on and dumped. He explained to her that if this was any other time and if he was interested in ladies that she would be the first one he would run to. The both of them were sure that they had never loved anyone more, even with it being platonic. They were there for each other, the lighthouse in the middle of the storm. Danielle and Liam never had to worry if the other was going to call them back; never had to worry whether or not someone would care if they woke up in the morning.

You could say that they were grateful, even though it was a fake relationship it had blossomed into a brilliant friendship. Which is why as they sat here bodies touching and feelings of hurt coursing through their veins, that Danielle finally spoke.