Chapter 5

"Lucy! Wake up! We're here!" I was suddenly awaken by Josh shaking me awake. 

Before I could do anything I had to stop for a second and figure out why I am on a plane. Oh yeah, I am on my way home to my dad's house and Josh is with me. Josh is staying with me for the summer! Wait, Josh has to work in order for him to stay with us. Which means that I will have to teach him how to surf. 

Hopefully he will at least have some balance. If not we are screwed! It's even worse that I have only a week to teach him. I mean it took me seven years to leave to perfect my surfing. 

"Alright, lets go Mr. I dont know how to surf but I can lift heavy things sir." I say mockingly. 

"What it's true. I don't know how to surf, but I can lift some heavy things. And speaking of surfing, should'nt we go get me a board?" He asks as we walk through security. 

"Umm, You wont need to buy one. We have enough. Come on I want to get there before sunset so we can get to the water today." 

"How are we going to get there?" Josh asks as we walk through the doors into the heat that could burn wood in a blink of an eye. 

I could tell Josh was surprised by the heat. I mean Kentucky was hot. But it was blistering here. He stopped and looked as if he was going to faint. 

'"You alright there Joshie?" As I ask this I take in what he is wearing. A sweater! Who would wear a sweater in heat like this? 

"Josh, come on you got to take that sweater off." 

He slowly takes the sweater off and looks as if someone has poured a bucket of ice water down him back. 

"I guess I wont be needing this here." 

"I guess not. Come on, we need to get on our way." 

"Where is your car?"

I chuckle lightly to myself as I visualize what Josh's expression is going to be when he finds out. 

"Over there." I say as I point to the pair of bikes chained up to the bike rack.

           ********************************************************************************************

We were almost to my house. We were paddling on the two, one speed bikes, with all of out luggage strapped onto the back of each. 

"Hey Lucy, are we almost there? My legs are killing me." Josh complains as I stop in front of my house. 

"Yeah, almost there. Just about two more miles of biking till we get there." I say jokingly as I hop off the bike and onto the grass. 

"Ha ha very funny Lucy. So this is it?" Josh asks as he comes to stand next to me.

"Yep. Come on, lets see who's here today." I say as I start up towards the house. 

As I open the door I first see the sand covered floor. "Hey. Is anyone home?" I yell walking into the kitchen with Josh following behind me.

Seeing that nobody seems to be home I open the fridge and stick my head inside. "Hey want anything to drink, Josh?" I ask as I take 2 water bottles from the drawer. 

"Yeah sure." I hear him call from the counter behind me.

As I back up from the fridge I wonder where everyone is. I walk over to the counter and give Josh the water. 

"Thanks doll face." Josh says with a wink as he downs the whole bottle in a matter of seconds.

I hear the front door open and a familiar voice boom through the house. 

"Lucy? Is that your stuff by the curb?" I hear him ask.

"Kyle!" I yell as I run over to him and hug him. 

As we pull away Kyle looks behind me and sees Josh sitting at the counter playing with his water bottle. 

"Who is this, Luc?" Kyle asks as he looks at Josh like he would jump up and kill us both in a second.

"Kyle this is Josh, my friend I met at mom's. Josh this is Kyle my little brother."  

"Nice to meet you." Josh says as he extends his arm to Kyle.

"Like wise." Kyle says as he shakes his hand and turns back to me. 

"Anyways. Dad wanted me to come down here to see if you were home yet and if you were to bring you and your friend down to the shop." 

"Alright. Come on Josh, we are going to teach you how to surf." I say as I walk out the door and back into the heat.

Sorry for such the short chapter! I just wanted to get this little part out of the way before the important stuff comes into play! Dont forget to Comment, Vote!