Chapter 4

After about 2 weeks of hanging out with Josh Hutcherson and his brother, it was time for me to go back to my dads house. 

In the past week Josh and I have became really close. One time we were playing paint ball with his brothers friends and by the time we got back to his house, it was almost 1 in the morning. I was to tired to walk across the small stretch of grass to my house so we made a fort in his room.

Another time we went to a small pond that he knew about and I had cut my foot on a peice of glass. He had carried me all the way back to my house and wouldnt leave till I let him clean out the cut. 

Tonight we were sitting in my room and he was helping me pack up all my stuff. 

"Do you really have to go?" He asked as he walked into my closet and grabbed a pair of shoes.

"I wish I could stay. But I have work there and my schedual is already set up." I say as i walk over to my bedside table to grab the picture Conner took of me and Josh sleeping in the fort we made. It was really small so I had my feet over his chest and my head by his feet. 

"Fine but I'm sleeping here tonight so that I can go with you tomorrow to the airport." 

"Fine but we are sleeping outside." I say as I put the last thing which is the picture, in the suit case.

"Alright! You go get the snacks, I will go get the blankets and stuff!"

                        ******************************************************************************

Three hours later we are sitting on the back deck with a bowl of Doritos and a jug of water between us.  We were playing "Would you Rather". 

"Would you rather sit in a pit of snakes, or eat 3 tubs of sherbet every day?" Josh asks as he pops one of the Doritos into his mouth. 

"Sit in a pit of snakes." I say easily as I lean back in my chair.

"Really? Your not afraid of snakes?"

"Hello. Grew up with them. My brother had a 11 foot boa. I would always walk around with it around my neck. I had a boa too but it was only a baby and I would always let it wrap around my arm and fingers." 

"Awesome! Do you still have it?"

"Yeah it's now closer to 9 feet. It's at my dad's house."  

"Cool." He seems to deflate all of a sudden.

"What's wrong Josh?"

"I just realized that your leaving me alone here tomorrow."

"How could you now just realize that? You have been talking about it ALL day."

"No I mean I knew you were going but it just hit me full force." 

"Well you wont be alone. You have friends. And I'm sure you could make one if you wanted to." 

"Sure I could but they all just want to be friends with me so that they can say "I'm friends with Josh Hutcherson!""

Why didn't I think of this before? Josh can come with me to Australia! My dad wont mind. We have a extra bedroom. He and my brothers will get along. 

"Why don't you come with me then? I mean my dad wont mind. You and my brothers will get along and we have room for one more person." 

"Really?! That would be awesome! I don't have anything to do for the rest of the summer. But are you sure that your dad wont mind?" He asks almost jumping with joy.

"Here, I will call him and put him on speaker phone." I say as I pull out my phone. 

I dial his number and it rings about three times before Dad answers. 

"Hey, Lucy! What you need?" Dad says. Dad is by far my favorite between my mom and dad. Don't get me wrong. I love both of my parents with all my heart but my dad has always been the fun one. 

"Hey dad. I was wondering if I could bring a friend with me to spend the summer."

"Sure we have the space. What's her name Luc?" 

Me and Josh look over at each other and burst out laughing. I guess dad heard Josh's deep laugh. 

"It's not a girl is it?" Dad asks over the phone.

"Not that I know of." I say into the phone. I turn to Josh and say. "Do you have something to tell me about being a female?"

"Enough Lucy. Is this guy your boyfriend? Because if he is, he can still come but I do not want to see  anything inapro-"

"DAD! Josh is not my boyfriend! I met him this summer at mom's! Calm down!" 

"Alright, alright. Sorry kiddo. Just checking in. So yes he can come. Does he know how to surf and lift heavy thing?"

Oh god he is going to make Josh work his way through summer. 

"Come on dad are you really going to make him work?" 

"Yep, we need more hands on deck."

"No I don't know how to surf Mr. Scott but I can lift heavy things." Josh says taking the phone from me. 

"Alright, son. Lucy will teach you how to surf first thing when you get here. You will start work the second week you get here and you will have the same shifts and schedule as Lucy. Understand?"

"Understood." 

"Then I will see you both tomorrow." 

"Thanks Mr.Scott for letting me stay."

"No problem. Bye."

"Goodbye."

With that Josh hit the end button and handed the phone back to me with a smile on his face. He started walking over to his house.

"Where you going?!" I yell after him. 

"Got to go start packing! Come on!" 

             *************************************************************************************************

"No! You don't put underwear and jeans in one pile!" I yell at him as I start reorganising his suit case.

"Does it even matter Lucy?" Josh asks as he zippers the suitcase when I'm done. 

"Yes. I'm to tired to go back to my house so I'm sleeping here Joshie." I say as I take the suitcase off the bed and pull the covers down on his bed. I yawn and hop in and pull the covers up.

I hear him chuckle and walk over to the light switch and turn the light off. I feel the bed sink down on the other side of me. 

"Night Lucy."

"Good night Joshie."

                      ************************************************************************************

"BOTH OF YOU WAKE UP! YOUR FLIGHT LEAVES IN THREE HOURS!" I wake with a start. I look at the position I am in and silently laugh to myself.  

I guess I kicked Josh out of the bed during the night because I see him on the floor. I walk over to him and sit on his back. I take his arms and hold them behind his back so he cant move.

"Stay still. I'm not afraid to shoot." I say in a deep voice. 

Before I know what's happening Josh has me flipped over and my wrists pined to the floor on the sides of my head. 

"Did I ever tell you that I don't like surprises when I wake up?" 

I cant help but laugh because he just looks so funny with his serious face but crazy hair. 

"What's so funny?" He asks with a amused smile on his face.

"You. Now let me up so I can get over to my house and get ready."

"Alright roomie. See you in a couple hours." 

Alright, sorry I havent updated in awhile but I did now! Hope you injoy! 

Vote! Comment! Bye! :]