Taken

"Listen to me sweety, you have to go with the nice men." My father said as he rushed around my room and started stuffing things in my Dora the explorer back pack.

My three year old brain couldn't really understand what he was saying but I knew that this would probably be the last time that I would see my daddy. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I sniffled and held onto my stuffed animal Mr. Flopsy tighter.

"What bout Bwandon daddy? do he hwave to go twoo?" I asked my father about my one year old baby brother.

"No baby, only you are going. It'll be an adventure." He said as he pulled my arms through my bag and kneeled down to my level to look me in my eyes.

"Be good for daddy ok Ryan and listen to the nice men. Can you do that for daddy? Can you be a brave big girl?" He said and I nodded my little head.

"I prowmise daddy." I said and he smiled and pulled me into a hug.

Three men in suits walked into my room and looked around before they looked down at me and I hid behind my daddy's leg.

Daddy placed his large hand in the middle of my back and pushed me forward.

The men barely even spared me a glance before they spoke to my father. The things they said to him were strange but I had read a few of them in the books that I read from my daddy's office when he's not around.

All of a sudden one of the men reached down and grabbed my wrist tightly. I was so shocked that I screamed and tried to pulk away and that only made him grab me tighter.

He dragged me out of the room while the other one held my daddy back.

"It okay Ryan, daddy promises that everything will be okay. I love you!" Was the last thing I heard from my daddy as they dragged me out of my room and outside.

They pushed me into a big car and sped off without even strapping me in.

They drove off and I creid silently in the back seat as the men drove to an airport.

They pulled me out of the car and rushed me up the plane steps and into the plane. I was told to sit in one of the seats and this time I buckled myself up.

There was a nice lady on the plane who brought me a juice box and some cookies. I ate them as the men discussed something I didn't understand.

Eventually I ended up falling asleep with Mr. flospy in my hands and I dreamed about running around with my daddy.

One of the men shook me awake when the plane landed and I unbuckled my seatbelt and followed them off the plane and gasped at all the beautiful snow I saw everywhere.

I was shuffled into another car and we drove for a long time. I told the big men that I had to go potty and they told me to hold it.

I was wiggling in my seat trying to hold it when we pulled up to a gate and the men rolled down all the windows and let the cold air in as two of the men outside the car checked everywhere.

When they were finished they rolled the windows back up and drove through the gate and stopped in front of a large building.

We got out and they pushed me through the doors and told me where the bathroom was. When I was leaning over the sink a little girl about my age came up behind me and said her name was Cami and said she liked Mr. Flopsy. I smiled and after that day we became the best of friends.

I had been taken to an institute where they train children who showed early signs of being gifted. Train us for what I didn't know. I wouldn't find that out until I went on my first mission.

Those were the hardest years of my life. Some of the missions they sent me on were so difficult that they automatically had a success rate of zero, but I always managed to pull through.

I was the best. The best of the best, I could take on any mission and complete it.

Then I got a letter for a mission that I knew was about to change everything.