Chapter Forty-Three (Finale)

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." - Tupac Shakur.

~Aliyah's POV

"I'm happy for them." I say, as Kaylan and I walk arm-in-arm back to the car. I was bummed that we lost, but we both all worked hard for it. It was only fair...

"Yeah, I gotta admit I am too. Prodigy was crying." Kaylan agrees. "But how'd they get past the curse rule?"

"I don't know." I shrug my shoulders. She stops in her tracks. "I'm gonna go ask one of the judges."

"Kaylan that's not necessary. You'll come off as a sore loser."

"They said FUCK! I wanted to say fuck but I didn't because I follow the fucking rules! I could've said fuck! Fuck this!" She goes back into the building, leaving me outside. I groan and turn around, to be met with the sight of a parent covering her child's ears, giving me a stern look. She must've heard Kaylan's outburst.

"I'm...sorry." I say with an apologetic smile. She just rolls her eyes and walks off with her young son.

"MINDLESS BEHAVIOR! MINDLESS BEHAVIOR!" A group of students from our school continuously chant, accompanied by none other than the newly assembled group, Mindless Behavior.

I walk back to Kaylan's car, waiting for her to come back so we can go home.

"Aliyah!" Emerald runs up to me, squeezing me in a hug. "You guys did amazing."

"Thanks, Em."

"So, Dana, 'Mindless Behavior', and I were gonna go celebrate at McDonalds or something. You wanna come?" I'm sure Kaylan would want to, but I reject the offer anyways.

"Oh, well have a good night. And great job again." Jacob passes by, cheerful as ever. His shades are off, and huge smile is spread on his face, only to be decreased when our eyes meet. Our hug inside felt so good, I wish it would've lasted forever.

But nothing good in my life lasts forever, the last few months have proved that.

~Kaylan's POV

"I'm just saying, shouldn't the fact that they used curse words have been put into consideration?"

"Miss Kaylan," one of the official judges starts, "the penalty for using profanities was sudden death round, but since you were the only two left, that was clearly not an option. If Courtney Jones had not dropped out, it would've happened. " I walk her all the way to her car, trying to prove my point. Damn you, Courtney.

"But they said fuck! That's like...the worst one! And kids were there! I literally just passed one asking her mother what it means!" She turns to face me.

"Honey, you did a great job, alright? You and Aliyah are very gifted young ladies, but Mindless Behavior won. I'm sorry." And with that, she get's in her car, thus ending the conversation. I watch her car drive away, and make my way towards mine when a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Congrats." I say, already knowing I was talking to Roc.

"Thanks boo." He leaves a trail of small, wet, kisses on my neck, but I pull away. I'm just not in the mood. As much as I hate to admit it, Aliyah was right. I was being a sore loser.

"You cool?" He asks, knitting his brows in confusion.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He sighs, and crosses his arms. "Remember what you promised?"