Chapter 4

After Austin asked me to stay with him, we went to my house, fixed my makeup so no one else would see my black eye, got my clothes, and the few things I needed and then he took me to his house. We got there and Tino, Phil, Aaron, and Alan were there playing FIFA and drinking beer. “Guys, this is Eliza, y’all met her the other day. She’s gonna be living here for a while, so, make her feel like family.” Austin said when we walked into the living room. The guys paused the game “Eliza! Good to see you again!” They said in unison. “Hey guys..” I say nervously, and sorta half way wave at them. “Hey... Um... Where am I sleeping?” I ask Austin. “Here, let me take you.” He says picking my bags up and walking me to the guest bedroom. “Here you go beautiful.” Austin says. “Thanks.” I say and look down while grabbing my bags and walking into the room. I set my bags down and closed the door. I changed into some p.j. pants and a sweatshirt  and walk into the living room. “She’s back!” They all yell. “Heh... Yeeah.” I say unenthusiastically. They don’t want me here. “Come sit down, make yourself at home.” Austin says patting the the sofa next to him. I went and sat down in between him and Alan. “I like your tattoo on the back of your neck .”Alan says. “Thanks.It’s for my mom.” I say blushing. “No one ever compliments me on any of my tattoos.” I say shyly. “Well they should.. Because just the one I’ve seen is beautifully done.

“So! Anyone hungry?” Austin asks. “I’m STARVING!” Alan says “GIVE ME FOOD AUSTIN BB!” He jokes. “What do you want guys?” I ask trying to be nice. “Hmmmm..” They all say. “BURGERS!” They shout in unison. “Okay.” I say and walk into the kitchen. I look through the fridge and see that Austin actually has everything to make burgers with. I pull out the meat and start mixing the burgers and start cooking them on the stove. “What’re you doing?” I hear Austin say from behind me. “I.. Uhh... I’m making dinner.” I say. “Uhhmm, no you’re not. I will make dinner, go sit your pretty little ass down with the rest off the boys in the living room.” Austin says.  “Okay, sorry..” I say while walking off. I go back to sitting by Alan and we watch Tino, Phil, and Aaron playing video games. “You wanna cigarette?” I ask Alan. “Nah, but I will come outside with you while you smoke, just one sec I gotta go get something.” He says running back to somewhere in the relatively large apartment. I get up and go ahead and sit on the balcony and light a cigarette. Alan finally walks out and lights up something of his own and oh boy do I know that smell. I watch Alan as he takes hits off his nicely rolled blunt. “You want some?” Alan asks catching me staring at him.  “If you wouldn’t mind..” I say not wanting to not only intrude on him and his friends, but also taking his weed. “No, I don’t mind, the more the merrier.. I don’t like smoking alone anyways.” he says and hands it over. I take about four large hits off of it and then pass it back to him. “I haven’t smoked in what seems like forever. I like, love you right now. “ I say. “Hah, you’re welcome sweetie.” Alan says after taking a hit and passing it back to me. By my 16th long drag of the blunt I’m pretty high. I smoke another cigarette and Austin walks out to tell us dinner is ready and I look up to him to say alright and tell him I’ll be in after I’m done with my cigarette. And as soon as I look up and open my mouth , Austin interrupts me.  “Alan did you get her stoned???” Austin asks shocked. “Uhh.. Maybe..” Alan says with a please don’t kill me tone. “In Alans defence, he did ask me and I said yes.” I tell Austin. “It’s fine.. I just didn’t know you smoked. C’mon, lets go inside, dinner is ready.” He says. “I’m not that hungry, I’m just gonna get a glass of water and head to my room if that’s okay?” I ask. “Yeah that’s fine sweetheart.” Austin says. “COME TELL US BYEEEE BEFORE YOU GO TO YOUR ROOM WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE GONE BEFORE YOU COME BACK OUT AGAIN!!!” All the guys yell. I walk over to the guys and give Tino a hug first, then Aaron, Phil, and lastly Alan who tells me he thinks we’ll be good friends.  

It’s 4 in the morning and I woke up from the same nightmare about my mom again.. I rub my face to try and wake myself up a little cause I know I’m not getting anymore sleep due to the possibility of me having the dream again. I get up and grab my smokes from the bedside table. I walk over to the door half asleep and I end up running into my bedroom door frame. “FUCK” I yell from the pain of the frame of the door hurting a couple of my bruises. I double over and wince in pain.. I stay hunched over for a second until the pain goes away then I stand back up properly and start to walk down the hallway a little more awake now. “Are you okay?” I hear a groggy sort of sexy/sleepy voice ask as I get to the end of the hall. “I heard you scream.. Kinna sounded like you hurt yourself.” He says.  “Oh.. I-I’m fi-ine.. I just ran into the door.. and it kinna hurt my bruises..” I tell him not realizing I’m still crying from my dream. “Well, do you wanna go outside and smoke your cigarette that I see you were on your way to do, and explain to me why you are crying?” He asks. “Uh.. s-sure..” I say. I walk out to the balcony and light my cigarette while Austin walks out and shuts the sliding glass door behind him.  “So, what’s wrong?” He asks getting straight to the point. “I.. I just.. had another bad dream.. that’s all..” I say. “Well.. What was it about?” He asks. “Well, it’s the same one I have just about every night.. It starts off really well, me and my mom are  at this park she always would take me to when I was little, and everything is great, and then she disappears and everything goes black and the first thing I see after that is my father beating me and calling me bad names.  And then I blackout and wake up.. And i don’t know Austin… I just… I really miss her right now.. Like more than usual..”  I say almost in tears. “Hey… Babygirl.. It’s gonna be okay.” He says while he gives me one of the most comforting hugs I’ve had in a long time. “C’mon, lets go back to bed, you’ve gotta get up in like, two more hours.” Austin says while getting up and opening the door for me. We walk back to our bedrooms. “Hey.. Uhh.. Austin.. Can I sleep in your room til I have to get up.. I really don’t wanna be alone.” I ask.  “Yeah sure.  C’mon.” He says letting me into his room first . We get into bed and we cuddle. It was probably only 10-15 minutes til I fell asleep.

*Austins P.O.V.*

“FUCK” I hear Eliza yell waking me up. It takes me a minute to get up but when I do I look out in the hallway and see her walking out towards the living room. “Are you okay?” I ask in a sleepy voice.  “I heard you scream.. Kinna sounded like you hurt yourself.” I state. “Oh.. I-I’m fi-ine.. I just ran into the door and it kinna hurt my bruises.” She says crying. “Well, do you wanna go outside and smoke your cigarette that I see you were on your way to go do, and explain to me why you are crying?” I ask. “Uh.. s-sure..” She says. I let her walk in front of me and go out on the balcony first then close the glass door behind us. “So, what’s wrong?” I ask getting straight to it. “I.. I just.. had another bad dream.. that’s all..” she says. “Well.. What was it about?” I ask. “Well, it’s the same one I have just about every night.. It starts off really well, me and my mom are  at this park she always would take me to when I was little, and everything is great, and then she disappears and everything goes black and the first thing I see after that is my father beating me and calling me bad names.  And then I blackout and wake up.. And i don’t know Austin… I just… I really miss her right now.. Like more than usual..” she says almost in tears.  Hey… Babygirl.. It’s gonna be okay.” I say while giving her one of my best hugs. “C’mon, lets go back to bed, you’ve gotta get up in like, two more hours.” I say while getting up and opening the door for her. We walk back to our bedrooms. “Hey.. Uhh.. Austin.. Can I sleep in your room til I have to get up.. I really don’t wanna be alone.” she  shyly asks me.  “Yeah sure.  C’mon.” I say letting her into my room first . We get into bed and we cuddle. It was probably only 10-15 minutes til she fell asleep. “I know we haven’t known each other long.. but.. I think I love you Eliza.. I know that sounds pretty crazy.. But there’s just something different about you.. And I like it..” I whisper to Eliza as she sleeps.. “Goodnight beautiful.” I whisper in her ear and kiss her on the forehead. I look at my alarm clock beside my bed.. I’ve got an hour and a half until I need to make sure she’s up for school so I decide that it would be wise if I went to sleep, so I grab my phone, press play on the music, and drift off to sleep.