Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It is Monday at 7am in the morning. The alarm sounds, and John gets out of bed. He goes into the bathroom and hops into the shower. John gets out of the shower and brushes his teeth. He brushes his hair then puts his suit on. John puts sunscreen on his face.

John looks in the mirror. 'Better, much better,' John says to himself. He puts his shoes on and walks out of the room. He comes back inside the bedroom to grab his car keys.

John walks downstairs. He walks outside and gets in his car. John backs out of the driveway and takes off. He drives toward the funeral home and goes through the green light at the intersection.

After a few minutes of driving, John gets out of his car and enters the funeral home. He begins to clean the funeral home, to prepare for the funeral this evening at 6pm.

John goes to the closet in the utility room. He grabs a broom. John goes to the living room and begins sweeping. After sweeping the entire main floor, John goes back to the closet to grab the mop. He gets a bucket and fills it with warm, soapy water. John puts the mop in the soapy water, rings most of the water out. John mops the entire main floor. He puts the mop, broom, and bucket back in there place.

John gets the furniture polish out of the kitchen cabinet and cleans off the tables. John puts the furniture polish up and walks downstairs. The time is now 10:30 am.

John opens the fridge and gets a jar of blood. He drinks half of the jar. 'There is only one jar left,' John says to himself. He closes the fridge door and walks over to the body. He dresses the guy and fixes his hair.

John goes back upstairs to get the casket. He takes the casket downstairs and places the guy inside. Finally, he pushes the guy to the main room for the visitation.

John looks at his watch. The time is now 11:50am. He calls Angela.

Angela does not answer, so John waits a while. She calls back ten minutes later.

"Sorry, John," Angela says, "I was in class. I just got out."

John says, "The funeral is today."

"I know. You told me that Saturday."

"Anyway, I was just calling to check on you and to say 'hi'."

"Well, I am okay. I will be going to eat soon."

"That's good," John says, "I will let you go so you can eat. Bye! Love you!"

"Love you! Bye!" Angela finishes, and then hangs the phone up.

John sits down in a chair and reads a book about werewolves. He waits until it is nearly time for the funeral. Later, John notices that the time is 4:55pm. The guests will be coming in soon.

John gets up and goes outside. When he gets outside, he moves his car to the back of the funeral home. Next, John goes back inside and calls his mom.

"Hello?" Kate says.

"Hi, mom, it's me John!" John says.

"Hello, John! It is good to hear from you. I have not heard from you in a week. What are you doing?"

"I am getting the funeral home ready for some guys' funeral."

"Well, you and Angela should come and visit with me sometime soon. I have not seen either one of you in a while."

"We will. I promise. Just as soon as we get free time. She is taking summer classes, now. She has a break coming up in a week or so. I don't know how long the break is, but it should be at least one week."