Chapter 4

Chapter 4

John wakes up to the sound of his alarm clock. It is Saturday morning, and John has to prepare the dead body for the funeral. John gets out of bed, and he goes to the bathroom. In the bathroom, he puts the sunscreen on his face. He steps into the shower.

After showering, John walks downstairs. He walks into the kitchen, and he notices that the dishes are still lying on the countertop. John puts the dishes in the cabinet and drawer.

John leaves the kitchen and walks into the living room. He grabs the remote control from the coffee table and sits in the recliner. John turns on the TV. The first thing that he sees is a cartoon. He flips through the channels until he finds a station that is showing the local news. John watches the TV for eighteen minutes. Finally, the news ends.

John gets up. He walks over to look in the mirror. He thinks to himself that the suit has to be replaced before the funeral. He has to buy a new suit sometimes this weekend.

John walks upstairs to get his car keys. John walks out of the house. He gets in his car. Next, he drives toward the funeral home.

John pulls into the funeral home parking lot, and gets out of his car. He walks up to the front door and goes inside. John proceeds downstairs to the basement.

John walks across the basement and takes a look at the body. Next, he walks over to the fridge and opens the fridge door. He notices that there are a few jars of blood left from the dead guy.

“That should last a week or so,” John says to himself. He drinks one of the jars.

John walks over to the body and prepares it for the funeral. After preparing the body, John walks upstairs and sits on the couch. He lies on the couch.

Angela’s first class isn’t until 10:40 am. She wakes up at 7 am and goes to the bathroom. Then, Angela showers and brushes her teeth. Next, she fixes her hair. She looks in the mirror.

Angela is about five feet and four inches in height. She has light brown hair and green eyes. She is attractive and fit.

She sits back down on the bed and calls one of her friends.

“Hello? Who is this?” Patty says.

“Hello, Patty! I was wondering if you wanted to eat breakfast with me in thirty minutes, maybe.” Angela says.

There is a few seconds of silence on the other line.

“Sure,” Patty says, “Do you want to meet in the school café or somewhere on campus?”

Angela says, “In the school café.”

Patty responds, “Okay! Well, I have to go and finish getting ready. Bye!”

Angela says, “Okay, Patty! Bye!”

Angela hangs up the phone.

Angela waits a few minutes before walking to the cafeteria. She leaves her room and slowly walks across the campus. She enjoys the morning air and the clear sunny morning. She walks through the university’s main building. Some of the classes have already started. Angela can hear the teachers talking when she passes by each room.

Outside, behind the building, Angela sees her friend Patty waiting for her outside the front door to the cafeteria. Angela approaches Patty.

“Hello, Patty! It is good to see you. We haven’t hung out in weeks. What have you been up to?” Angela comments.

Patty replies, “It’s good to see you, too. I have been studying for my History exam. I have been sick for a few days and fell behind in some of my classes. I just have to study harder to catch up on the material.”