Chapter Fifteen

Trying out this shorter chapter thing. This was one of my favourite episodes, so I'm excited to post it. Give me some feedback, and enjoy!

Episode 8 - Nemesis Prime

[Agent Fowler]

  What a bunch of arses-

  That was my only thought as I drove out of the military facility, still slightly fuming from the meeting I had just come out of. The idiots higher up the chain of command were already breathing down my neck about the Autobots, but since the past few incidents between the Bots and Cons, they've been even more persistent. Shaking my head, I pushed those thoughts out of my mind as I drove up to a guard booth, rolling my window down to show the guard stationed there who I was. Once he saw it was me, he straightened and saluted.

  "At ease, soldier," I said, saluting back. The guard raised the gate and I drove out, driving through the dark night. Switching on the radio, I started to feel my thoughts calm down. That was when I heard the sound of a truck engine.

  Peering into the rearview mirror, I saw a truck from out of nowhere right on my tail, almost hitting my bumper. I stuck my hand out the open window, indicating him to move.

  "Go around, you jerk." I said, even though whoever was driving couldn't hear me. Still, the truck stayed behind me, following even closer before bumping into the back of my car. I scrambled to stay in control, my car spinning around to face the truck.

  That's when it occurred to me. "That's no road rage. Someone's trying to bump me off."

  The truck's headlights were blasted in my face and I raised an arm to get a look at a license plate or something, when I saw a symbol that sent chills down my spine.

  "Prime?!"

[Amanda]

  "What do you want me to make?" I asked as Raf handed me a piece of metal. Bumblebee buzzed something, which the younger boy translated.

  "What about a race car?" He said. "Like a formula one car?"

  I nodded and focused on the piece of metal, allowing the silver dust coat it and meld it into the shape I wanted. Everyone was at the base, Finn included but Optimus excluded, and Miko had asked how my powers were going, which sparked instant interest in the others. I had been forming different items out of metal and controlling it but only on the small scale. Bigger things needed more practice. When I looked down again, the metal had molded into the formula one car, which I handed to Raf.

  "What do you think?" I asked and he grinned, holding it up for Bee to see. I earned an appreciative buzz from him.

  "This is so cool!" Miko exclaimed. I had already made several different things for her, like the metal monster truck that was sitting in her lap right now, but she still was the most excited when watching me use my powers.

  "You've gone really far, Amanda." Arcee complimented, receiving a grateful smile from me just as a call came in on the main computers, where Ratchet was standing. Finn, Jack, Miko, Raf, and I all crossed the platform to get a closer look while the Autobots gathered around the medic.

  "Prime!" Agent Fowler's voice was more frantic and stressed than usual. There was also no camera image, indicating he was using a more mobile way of contacting the base "Do you read me?"

  "I'm sorry, Agent Fowler." Ratchet replied. "Optimus isn't here at the moment."

  "Then I'll take that as a confirmation that he's presently trying to run me off the road!"