Chapter Ten

So sorry I haven't posting in a bit, I've just been a little swamped. This chapter is kinda short, but it's something, right?

[Amanda]

  "This is amazing." I said breathlessly, almost unable to grasp what was in front of me. To call it a library would be an understatement; it was a library plus an art gallery plus a museum all in one. The one item that caught my attention first though was a diamond in the centre of the library, similar to the one I made my oath to Cleona with back on Cybertron. Optimus walked forward into the foyer, turning only to incline me forward.

  "The Atheneum of Cleona is a stronghold for the collective wisdom of the goddess and her champions," he said.

  "Like the matrix for the Primes?" I asked.

  He nodded. "Correct, but is houses far more information."

  "How is it here? On Earth?"

  Optimus' gaze went to the numerous stacks of books. "I cannot answer that, Amanda, as that was not information I was given. I only know of the location through the matrix for the sole purpose of guiding you to it."

  Frowning slightly, I walked forward and placed a hesitant hand on the diamond in the center. It was cool to the touch, and once my fingers touched it, the room flashed silver. Then I wasn't in the atheneum, but outside Cleona's observatory.

  "You need to work on your timing." I said, knowing she was out there.

  "My apologies," Cleona's light voice came from behind me and I turned to see her crouched next to a large group of anemones. She stroked the petals and I walked over to her. "But I needed to speak with you."

  "What about?" I asked. "If it's about my progress, things aren't going so well. I can't control the silver dust when I want to and accidently melt through patio chairs when I don't want to."

  Even her confused face was flawless. "Harnessing your powers will come more easy over time, you just need practice."

  "So everyone keeps telling me." I muttered under my breath.

  She ignored me. "What I wished to speak with you regards the subject of the creatures haunting you. I have seen glimpses of your dreams and I have felt their awakening as they have felt yours. You must tread carefully, my dear, for they will not wait for you to harness your powers."

  "How do I speed up the process? And who's coming after me?"

  "I cannot tell you for sure, as I can only foresee so much, but I can tell you this. My enemies are now yours and you must ensure they do not overthrow the balance of the universe. As for 'speeding up the process' in your words, use the atheneum. It holds the words of the numerous Scribes of Cleona, which will help your progress."

  "No pressure, right?" I sighed. "But what are Scribes of Cleona?"

  She stood in one graceful motion. "Both myself and Valilorna had scribes that would pledge their eyes to record our actions. Primus made it so that we would always have a written record of what transpired, making it so that only important events were documented. Our personal lives were not included in the records, only our actions to uphold or disturb the balance. Each champion has a scribe to do the same task in their own lives."

  "Do I have one?"

  "Not yet, my dear, but one will be chosen when the time comes." Cleona stared out at the anemones. "Read the records. Learn what they say and you will be able to harness the powers I have given you."

  I gave her a look. "I don't mean to shoot you down, but the drive to this place was two hours long. I can't just keep going back and forth."

  "Use the diamond to tie the atheneum to a location closer to you when you return." She said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

  "It can do that?" I shook my head. "Actually, don't answer that. Obviously it can."

  She gave me a small, sad smile. "I am sorry I cannot aid your further, my dear, but this is a task for you alone." She knelt down again, plucked an anemone, and then moved forward before tucking it in my hair. "Go now, return to your world. Use the diamond to relocate the atheneum. We will speak soon."

  Cleona waved her hand and my vision went silver again. When the silver cleared, I was standing in the atheneum, my hand still on the diamond, which I jerked away from.

  "Amanda?" I whirled around to see Optimus looking at me in concern.

  "Did you-" I started. "How long was I touching this thing?"

  "A few moments. Why?"

  I told him what had happened, how I saw Cleona and what she told me. When I finished, I realized there was something hanging from the corner of my eye and reached up to grab it, seeing that it was the anemone from the observatory.

  "So I'm supposed to relocate this place." I finished. "That way we won't have to drive out here every single time we need a book."

  Optimus nodded. "Do you know what to do?"

  Shrugging, I turned back to the diamond. "Truthfully, no. Cleona said use the diamond and that's it. I'm assuming it'll be like last time, with the oath and how the words just came to me."

  "A moment, Amanda." Optimus said and put his finger to his ear. "Yes, I am here. No, I'm out of range at the moment, Ratchet. What is the concern? Understood. I will contact you once I am ready for ground bridge pickup." He then turned to me. "I-"

  I nodded. "I understand. Get out there and kick butt, Optimus."

  "If you need anything, contact me immediately." He said sternly.

  "Of course." I assured him. "Don't worry about me."

  He hesitated for a moment before walking back to the entrance of the atheneum and I heard his footsteps fade away. Soon, I was alone.

  "Alright, let's try this." I said to myself, clapping my hands together before placing them both on the diamond.

  Let's move.

  I felt a small spark from the diamond in reply, encouraging me to continue.

  Place your new entrance in my basement, past all of the computers. Disguise as a part of the very back wall. Move.

  The diamond warmed at my commands and the atheneum rumbled slightly before going still.

  Did it work?

  There's only one way to find out.

  So I heading up the entrance/exit passageway, finding that it lead directly into my basement, right where I wanted it to be.

  Perfect.

  I walked back into the atheneum and looked around. "If I were a book on controlling powers, where would I be?"

  A trail of silver lit up across the floor, winding between bookstacks and out of my sight range. I followed the trail, passing by books and statues until one book was surrounded by the silver, high up on the shelf. Climbing up, I grabbed the book and slid back down, reading the cover.

  History of Primus, Cleona and the Start of Cybertron.

  A grin spread across my face at the small victory. The history would give me a place to start at least. I decided that that was enough for today, and I headed upstairs, exiting the atheneum. The entrance slid shut behind me, blending in to the wall just like I wanted it to. I walked upstairs, book in hand, and sat in the living room, reading and taking note of everything until I fell asleep.