Chapter Thirteen

No Episode

[Amanda]

  Focus.... I want you to form into a... pirate ship...

  The block of metal in front of me did just that, the silver dust that coated it morphing into the pirate ship I envisioned. I smiled in satisfaction. Using the powers of Cleona was getting easier and easier, allowing me to lift metal objects and make them change shape. It still took my complete focus; I couldn't work with more than one thing at a time and any distraction could throw me off. Still, this was worth celebrating.

  "You've improved greatly, Amanda." A voice said from behind me and I turned to see Optimus walking towards the corner of the base I had claimed, far from the others so I wouldn't get distracted. Around me were the various pieces of metal I had been practicing with, along with a few books from the Atheneum of Cleona.

  "Thanks, Optimus." I smiled at his praise. "These books have helped. They outline everything I have to do, so I'm not just shooting in the dark."

  I held up the book I had been reading, showing him the page I was on. Crouching in front of me, he looked it over, frowning slightly.

  "Amanda, the pages are blank."

  "Huh?" I peered at the book. "No they aren't. There's writing all over it."

  He shook his head slowly. "Perhaps these books were not meant to be read by anyone but yourself."

  I put the book aside. "Maybe. So, any Con news?"

  "Not yet. Though I fear Megatron may only be pausing to decode more coordinates to the Iacon relics."

  "And there's no way to get ahead of them unless we have that info." I sighed in frustration. "I don't like this, waiting for them to make the first move."

  "You and I both." The Prime agreed. "But there is no point of dwelling on what we cannot help. It's getting late, and you have school tomorrow."

  I made a face. "Don't remind me. I've also got an in-class project to do in math."

  Optimus gave me a half smile before transforming into his vehicle mode. I shoved my things into my bag before climbing in and he drove out of the base, towards my house. A few minutes later, he drove up my driveway, stopping in front of the garages. I got out, dragging my bag behind me.

  "I guess I'm heading to bed." I said, walking up to the front door. "G'night, Optimus."

  "Good night, Amanda."

  I walked in the house and was tempted to go down to the basement, then yawned and realized how tired I really was. Working with my powers was still exhausting and took a lot out of me. Still, I wanted to check on what Cam had found in those MECH files. My curiosity won out, so I tossed my bag onto the couch and headed downstairs.

  "Voice recognition. Keyword, anemone." The room came to life around me. "Well, Cam, what do we have?"

  "I have successfully decoded the rest of the WEAPON X52 file and the hidden file within the ADMIN-28 file."

  I couldn't help but grin. "Throw up the weapon file, Cam. Summarize for me."

  Images appeared on the whiteboard as the AI started talking. "WEAPON X52 is still in process, the prototype needing several adjustments before it can officially launch. MECH's goal is to create an army of transforming robots that can be controlled remotely so that they may complete what the group wants them do from a distance. Their goal is to use their army to eradicate enemies and force the government to turn over military power to them."