One~People Would Think I'm An Anteater

Dedicated to iheartcookie bc she dedicated a chappie to me<3

The prologue doesn't fit with this chapter.

I know confusing

But when that chapter comes up it will make all the sense in the world

This story will change POVs and I will mention who's it is

If that made any sense...

But in this chapter it only changes twice

Not edited btw

Read on...

~~~~~~~~~

Natalie's POV

"GET UP YOU FAT COW!"

Oh how I love waking up in a new foster home with a new foster parent.

Sense the sarcasm?

No?

Yes you did don't lie.

"I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET UP IN THE NEXT SEVEN SECONDS I'M NOT GIVING YOU THE

WI-FI PASSWORD"

And that ladies and gentlemen is the oh so nice Ms.Greenwood, my new foster mother.

Ugh, I hate calling them that.

Foster parents.

It makes it seem like we're "family", but do they ever treat us like family? Nope. Calling someone your "parent" is a sign that you have SOME respect for them.

So I call them "temporaries" because I'm only there temporarily.

See what I did there?

Well yeah, you did because I told you.

I can't wait I only have 2 years left until I live on my own. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like growing up with a family. You know, the standard mother, father, brother kind of set up. All I know about my family is that I HAD a mother and father. No siblings. The social workers refuse to tell me what happened to my parents. I would respect the social workers if they gave me even the slightest hint as to what happened.

If you can't tell, I'm big on respect.

Respect is the way I show my emotions. I don't really show my emotions. Without it, people would think I'm an anteater or something.

Do they show their emotions? I mean do they say "I'm sorry" to the ants before they eat them?

"THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM TELLING YOU NATASHA GET UP"

Did I mention Ms.Greenwood doesn't like me?

I better get up before she decapitates me. Because I kinda like my head where it is, thanks.

"I'm up, I'm up"

"ITS ABOUT TIME"

"Please stop yelling, I am right here"

"DON'T SASS ME OR ELSE NO WI-FI FOR YOU"

"Can I please have my Metro Pass?"

"Why so you can go run away?"

"I just want to go to school"

"Fine then"

Ms.Greenwood hands over my Metro Pass and a banana. "Eat this I don't want you passing out because those darn social workers will come after me."

"Gee, thanks good to know you actually care about me and my health" I sarcastically respond while getting my backpack from the counter.

Ms.Greenwood hurries me out of the house most likely to call her 23 year old boyfriend. She's 59 if I didn't mention that before.

I don't know what time school starts nor do I know where it is. As I walk down the sidewalk I see a tall guy skateboarding. He looks around my age so I jog over to him.

~~~~

Noah's POV

"Excuse me? Hey guy on the skateboard?"

I stop and look around, everyone knows everyone in this town so who has the audacity to call me "guy on the skateboard"? Like show some respect.

A girl runs up to me. "Hi sorry about that I was wonderin..."

Woah. I know why she stopped. I'm looking at her and all I see is the girl version of me. Chestnut colored hair with bright green eyes.

"Um... wow. Well I was um wondering if...um...you could tell me where the local high school is?"

"Oh...yeah I'm going there right now you can walk with me I guess" This girl...looks so familiar. I wonder what her name is...

"My name is Natalie sorry about calling you 'guy on the skateboard' it wasn't very respectful" she laughed and smiled at me "what's your name?"

How did she do that? She practically read my mind damn is she magic?

"Hello? You still with me?"

Oh. Yeah. She asked me something. What was it?

"Oh yeah I'm Noah." I responded quickly. My phone beeped in my pocket. "Um sorry, could you hold on one second?" "Okay, sure." "Walk with me?" "Like I said before, okay sure." she laughed.

She laughs a lot. Her laugh is nice and not annoying.

To: Noah

From: Cindy

Re: New Information

I have found something very interesting that you'll want to hear. Come by my office after school. I will go into detail later. I have a name, age, and picture. See you later.

Cindy is the person assigned to me at CPS (Child Protective Services). Yeah, I'm a foster kid. I know who my parents are, but thats about it. I don't know if they are alive or dead. CPS thinks they know who they are but they're not entirely sure.

"So, what's up?"

"Huh? Oh not much. We have to cross the street to get to the Metro Station. Do you have a pass or do you need to buy one?" I wait until the hand appears and then I cross the street with Nat next to me.

Wait.

Did I just call her Nat?

I just met her.

And I'm already giving her a nickname?

That's because you already know her.

But how?

You just do, don't question it.

I'm confused...

"Confused about what?"

"Oh nothing never mind. Can I see your Metro Pass?"

She hands me her pass and I slide it into the slot.

"So, where you from?" I ask while handing her pass back. "Well, I've lived all around the US." "Oh, do you parents travel a lot?" "Well, not really. I'm the one who does all the traveling." "Where were you born?" "Vancouver? I think" "You think?" The train slowed to a stop right in front of us. We got on and held the cold metal bars for support. "I'm an orphan" she said quietly.

Did I say something wrong?

Yeah dumbo, you reminded her of the fact that she has no one.

Oh.

"Shoot, I'm sorry."

"Its okay. You didn't know."

"Are you mad at me?"

She scoffs "please, I'm not gonna get mad at you. You're the first person to actually be nice to me in this town."

The Metro stops at Riverdale High. "Here's our stop. Do you have your student ID?" I ask. "Um..." She pauses "am I supposed to?" "Yeah you can't get in without one."

"Aw shoot. Now how am I going to get in?" Natalie has panic written all over her face.

"Well" I say "You have to break in I guess"