Chapter Six

~General Narration~

Amatasu blocked a punch from her twin, she quickly spun knocking Shiri off her feet.

"Ow!" Shiri said as Amatasu put a foot on her chest.

"Yield." Amatasu said looking down at her twin.

"Ugh fine I yield." Shi said pushing Amy's foot off her chest and stood up.

Optimus stood with his arm crossed watching the two "Shi always try to keep your balance. Losing it during a fight could mean your death." He said.

"I know Optimus but its hard." Shi said looking up at their guardian.

"Though there are ways to fight even after you've lost your balance." Ratchet said from his monitor.

"They have yet to learn that Ratchet, though they will learn its best if they kept their balance." Optimus said looking at the medic.

It had been a few weeks since they had arrived at base, Amy and Shi had talked Optimus into letting them help fight the 'Cons but only after they were trained.

"The others are back." Ratchet said.

So far the only ones who knew the twins were in the base were Optimus, Ratchet, and Arcee, who only knew because she was with Optimus when they first saw the twins. Optimus knelt down holding his servos out, Amy and Shi sighed climbing up onto them. Optimus carried them back towards his room.

"Optimus, how would the others react if we revealed ourselves?" Shi asked.

Arcee has nearly went into stasis after seeing what the twins could change into.

"Each of the Autobots are different and will have different reactions so there is no way to say how they will react." Optimus said.

"Oh." Shi said looking ahead.

Optimus carried them to his room and set them down near their beds "I must go and see the others I shall be back shortly." He said.

The two nodded and sat down on their beds.

~Shiri~

I sighed leaning back against the wall, Optimus had gone on a mission and had been gone for at least an hour now. Amy was asleep on her bed, we both had been seeing the dream of our parents being killed for the past few weeks we had been here. I pretty sure Amy had been going into flashbacks of our childhood. She would get a faraway look and stay still for minutes at a time. I brought my knees up to my chest resting my head on them and closed my eyes.
I ran through the halls of a school building quickly, I had gotten into a fight with another girl. She had insulted me and my sister, I wasn't going to just stand there and let her make fun of us. So, I had punched her, I knew I was in trouble and had taken off quickly. I ran into the janitors closet and curled up in a corner.
I clenched my teeth feeling as if my skin was peeling back, the change was starting. I closed my eyes trying to focus on my human self, I couldn't change while I was in school. I stayed liked that for who knows how long before I heard the door open.
"Shiri?" A male voice asked.
I uncurled and saw the janitor Keith, he was a good man. He had found me countless times halfway changed and never said anything about it. He said he had known my mother and father, which is why he never said anything about my secret.
"Keith." I said slowly standing up.
He smiled "Let me guess that fight with that girl woke up your instincts." He said.
I nodded "Yes, I couldn't think of any other place to hide." I said.
He nodded "Alright, come on let's get back to class, your sister's worried about you." He said.
I nodded and followed him out of the closet, he walked back with to my next class which just happened to be the last period of the day. He patted me on the back as I walked into the classroom and walked over to my desk. Amy was already there, her face was stoic as usual but I could see the worry in her eyes.
"Where were you?!" She whispered.
"In the closet again." I whispered.
She sighed "Let me guess you almost lost control." She whispered.
I nodded slightly "Yes."
She nodded and looked forward as the teacher came into the room.