#17

- You know what Emily? If I can be happy, then you should be too. I'm sure your parents will understand if you talk to them.
- They won't, believe me.
- You won't know unless you try, go for it, you never know what could happen.
- I already tried Alex, I already tried. It's never going to happen.
- But...
- Look Alex, you are a wonderful person and you deserve to be truly happy so, don't let it go to waste.
- Why are you talking like that? Everybody deserves to be happy or else, there's no purpose in living anyway I mean.... I mean....
- Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get used to it. And let's not lie about it, you deserve it so let's go back to work.
- Emily, if this works and takes me I don't know where, I promise that it'll be your turn then to get your chance.
- I don't have a doubt about it.

That's the real Emily, she's a fighter, she's not afraid of anything, she is truly impressive. I hope I'll be like her one day.

- Alex, tell me the truth.
- Huh?
- Are you sure you want to sing this?
- I am, no regrets.
- Just in case you forgot, you'll be singing in front of the hole school. And you know that every year there are people that come to see the talents.
- Like the Juilliard representatives, or the Hollywood Records ones I know, what's your point?
- It's not a simple talent show with a bunch of people, we're talking about a whole new level with a crowded theater. And I believe you remember the last time you performed on stage.
- Emily I was seven!
- Yeah, but you threw up on Samantha's back in front of the whole students and parents because you were afraid. And it was a chorus, now you're on your own, are you sure it's going to be alright.
- Yes, and even if I'm not it's too late I registered. There's no way back. Plus it's a chance to get far away from this house. I can't miss it.

Day after day, the day of the show came closer and closer and I felt more and more ready. Of course I was afraid but what can I do now?
And then, it came the day that I waited the most but I also fear the most...

#05_september_2017-finalcut