Being Jesus to others

Recently, I was thinking about the many persons I know who have still not experienced Jesus in their personal life. There could be many reasons why these persons have still not experienced Jesus in their lives. Maybe their family upbringing did not allow them to know Jesus in their lives. Maybe they were influenced by their friends who did not live the Gospel but sought different negative adventures which life offers when being away from Christ.

Whatever the reason, these persons still deserve to know Jesus and to have a personal relationship with Him. But what can I do about it? How can these persons get to know Jesus in a personal way?

The answer is simple... I am to be Jesus to them.

Every baptized Christian is to be Jesus to others. This is possible by receiving the Eucharist and / or listening to the Word of God. Obviously, this entails that we live the Gospel to the full, to depart from sin, and to follow Jesus.

'Being Jesus to others' will bring hope to the people, will bring comfort to the people, will help the other person to start to experience Jesus in their lives. I will try to be Jesus to the people I meet during the day... will you too try to be Jesus to others?