Part 25

Taehyung POV~

I sit quietly in my bedroom, staring down at my math homework on the desk in front of me. It has been a few days since I spoke to Jungkook or his brother, and I haven't seen or heard from either of them. I'm just beginning to think that seeing Jungkook was in my head, and his brother was just instigating it to break me down later. 

I sigh and close my notebook and put everything back into my school bag. I zip it up and kick it underneath my desk. I grab my phone and leave my bedroom, going out into the hall to the bathroom. I pause when I hear my parents downstairs, going down one step and sitting down quietly. 

"What are we supposed to do with him? He's failing all his classes, hes about to be expelled. And it's been like this since Jungkook died. He's not allowing himself to heal" My dad said, sounding exhausted. 

"We can't force him to heal. We can't make him do anything" My mom then said, trying to defend me. 

"Bull Soo. We need to give him an ultimatum. We need to make him understand he needs to pick up his grades or we are making him move in with his grandparents, he can't stay here if everything around him is making him slack. He can't fail school" My dad walks off to another part of the room. My mom sighs and doesn't move. 

I look down as I slowly get up and leave the stairs and go back to my bedroom. I sit down on my bed and put my head in my hands. 

"What am I gonna do?" I ask myself. 

"You need to move on" A voice says. I flinch lightly and quickly look up, my heart dropping when I see a transparent image of Jungkook, wearing the clothes he died in; looking all dirty and beat up. 

"J-Jungkook? How?" I question and immediately stand up, still staring at him. Instead, he just ignores my question and keeps talking.

"Whaat are you doing Tae? You're letting your life fall apart because of me" He said in almost a complete whisper. I gulp lightly as tear begin to fall from my eyes.

"I-I was so stupid. If I had realized my feelings earlier, we could've had much more time together. I was just helping Namjoon, I wasn't cheating on you. He felt bad for what he did and wanted to make it up to you. Everyone feels bad for what they did. I feel worse. I wasn't there for when you needed me because I'm so stupid. God Jungkook, why am I so stupid? If I wasn't stupid you could still be here" I begin crying now, wiping my eyes messily. 

"You aren't stupid Tae. Just, easily distracted"

"No Jungkook! I'm stupid!" I cry in frustration and throw my hands to my sides. Jungkook stares at me glassy, glazed over eyes. Blank and emotionless. I stare at him as tears still roll down my face. My heart doesn't skip a beat, I don't get butterflies, I don't feel anything. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. 

"..get out of my head" I whisper.

"What? I'm not in your head." 

"You're not real! You're in my head! I can't do this anymore!" I cry and cover my face. 

"Tae. I see you all the time. I'm not in your head. I make sure you're safe and you don't get hurt. I can go if you want me to" Jungkook whispers again. 

"Go away Jungkook! I can't do this anymore!" I yell now, more angry at myself than him. Without saying anything, Jungkook disappears in the blink of an eye. I sniffle and wipe my eyes and sit down on my bed, now feeling very lonely all of the sudden. 

I'm sorry Jungkook. I need to fix myself if I can stay here to be close to you. 

-Min-Yoongi