Part 40

Part 40

Epilogue
1 day later

The evening of the Winter Formal turned out to be more eventful than I thought. In fact, until a few months ago, I was sure that I would be sitting in my room with my textbooks open and studying for my exams during the Winter Formal. But then I met Dash Melwin and all my plans were thrown out of the window.

"Are you ready?" Tracey asked me, curling her hair while glancing at me from the corner of her eyes.

"No! I can't believe I've gotten another pimple!" I complained, glaring at the infernal blemish which always chose the wrong time to pop up on my face. Why in the world did this keep happening to me? What did I ever do to deserve such a curse?

"Bri, relax. Your bangs will hide the pimple; it's not even that big," Tracey replied.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have a pimple the size of the moon sitting on your forehead!" I snapped.

"Stop exaggerating, Bri. It's not that big," she stated, fluffing up her hair.

"Today was supposed to be perfect. Dash is supposed to be infuriated with me and we should be having a blast at the dance. But no, I'm stuck with a pimple. God, I hate pimples!" I whined.

"And it will be perfect if you'll just stop worrying about that stupid pimple. Your hair will hide it so you have nothing to worry about. Now put on your shoes and let's go. You look way too beautiful and you shouldn't allow an insignificant pimple to ruin your big night." My best friend told me.

I sighed, knowing she was right. Pimples were a group of unwanted friends on my face but my hair could cover them. And I shouldn't sit around wallowing in my misery over the presence of such ridiculous entities when I had Dash's expressions to look forward to.

The thought of what my boyfriend would be going through at this very moment brought a smile to my face. I asked Ben to help me hide Dash's clothes just so I could infuriate him and take revenge on him. I wondered if his anger would ruin the dance for me but I was sure when I'd tell him that I was the reason behind his missing clothes he would go back to normal.

It was strange how quickly time and people changed. At the start of the academic year I was looking forward to studying hard and making my father proud but now I couldn't care less what my father thought of me. I knew he would never be proud of me and instead of wasting my time and energy crying over it I chose to be happy and do what I liked to do. Dash Melwin, the bad boy of Burswick Academy, was the one who taught me how to be happy. Yes, he hurt me and broke my heart but he was now working hard to make up for what he did. He made me happy.

"Okay, what are you smiling about now?" Tracey asked with suspicion.

I shrugged. "I just can't wait to see the look on Dash's face when he'll know that I am responsible for his missing clothes."

"You are evil, I'll give you that," she commented.

"I am not. Dash is worse and you know it," I argued.

"I can't believe you, the girl who never pulled her head out of a textbook is now the girlfriend of the guy who is practically allergic to books. How do you it, Bri?" Tracey enquired, slipping her feet in her shoes.

"You should be asking Dash why he chose me because I didn't do anything. It was he who decided to annoy me to the point where I couldn't even say no to him," I replied.

"Did you even want to say no to him?" The question had me thinking. I was irritated with Dash and found him to be a bad influence on the students here, so yes I did want to say no to him but he always chose to ignore it.