Part 31

Part 31

I wasn't going to break up with Damien. I had no reason to break up with him; he was the perfect boyfriend. He tried his best to make me happy, unlike Dash who was busy protecting his cousin and betraying me.

But Dash told me to break up with him. He practically threatened me. And I knew Dash was pretty good when it came to following through with his threats. In fact, that was the only thing he was good at.

I didn't love Damien; not the way I felt for Dash. So maybe, I should break up with him because I was only going to hurt him in the long run. Maybe I would fall for Damien in the future, if I somehow managed to move on from Dash.

Moving on from Dash was crucial for me. It hurt too much to see him with Gemma. He didn't love me; Gemma was the one who owned his heart. Forgetting him would be beneficial for me, I would be able to lead a happier life. However, my stupid heart refused to listen and understand.

One thing still puzzled me: why did Dash order me to break up with Damien when his heart belonged to Gemma? Did he not want me to be happy? Was he so cruel as to make me yearn for him all the while he loved another? That was not fair to me. I was only a teenager, I needed to find and go out with other boys; I knew now that Dash was not the one for me.

"Hello," Damien greeted, plopping down on the chair next to me.

"Oh hello. How are you? You look happy," I observed, smiling at my boyfriend.

"I am with my girlfriend; why wouldn't I be happy?" His words had butterflies fluttering in my stomach, however, my heart refused to get affected, because it still belonged to Dash. Stupid heart.

"You know how to say the sweetest things," I commented with a giggle.

"They come straight from the heart. Trust me on it. I don't lie to you," he stated, sincerity shining in his eyes. My heart clenched and unwanted tears sprung in my eyes as thoughts of Dash and his lies invaded my mind. Why couldn't Dash have said this to me?

"Thank you. Your honesty means a lot to me," I said, blinking rapidly to push back the tears.

"Really? Does that mean you'll go out and have ice cream with me after this exam?" He asked and I laughed.

"Of course, but only for an hour because I have to study for my next mid-term exam tomorrow." I told him.

"Alright, only an hour. Good thing I've already ordered ice cream for us. We can sit in the courtyard and eat," he said.

"You've already ordered ice cream for us?" This guy was proactive, it was sweet.

"Yes, a pint size for both of us. Is that enough for you or do you want more?" How could I even think about breaking up with Damien when he was so kind to me? The simple fact was, I couldn't. Dash would just have to live with that. He had to watch me move on from him.

"You are the best," I stated and I meant it. Damien was the best boyfriend and I was sure he was an equally amazing friend. I just wished I had strong feelings for him, which thanks to Dash I didn't.

"Why is he the best?" Damien and I saw Dash standing in front of us, his blue eyes burning with fire.

"Because he is my boyfriend," I replied, making sure to keep my emotions in check. I didn't want either of the guys to know that Dash still affected me. Damien would be hurt while Dash would act like a jerk as usual if they knew what I was thinking and feeling.

"I see." I could see Dash's fists tighten, and my heart soared knowing I made him angry.

"Is there something you want, Melwin?" Damien asked, irritation oozing from his words.