Manic's Trickery

It's been 7 months since Shadow's discovery.

Every day, Mephiles would either vaccum, wash clothes, or clean the furniture. He cooked dinner for Shadow, too, unless the rare event of Shadow eating out occurred. There were times when Shadow wouldn't feel too good, and he became a bit more demanding.

And Mephiles loved it all. He loved taking care of Shadow. He loved following his command, despite how grouchy he was at times.

Actually, there was an increasing number of times when Shadow was the opposite of grouchy.

Mephiles could always tell when he was really happy, as Shadow would be far less demanding. Unsmiling, but not frowning. Or Shadow would tell him to take a week off. Sometimes, Shadow even invited him to eat out with him, and often they'd watch tv together afterward. (That is, if they didn't fall asleep on the couch.)

Mephiles realized over time that Shadow could actually become a little emotional. There were times when Shadow was stressed or sad, and he wouldn't speak. Maybe a wave in greeting, head shaking for yes or no questions, but no words.

And when Shadow was angry, he'd act more aggressive. He'd be more picky about what he wanted Mephiles to cook for him. Or he would say that he wasn't hungry, and stayed in his room. But once he was done sulking, he'd come out and talk to Mephiles about what was wrong.

Shadow found that Mephiles always made him feel better. He listened when Shadow spoke, and tried to comfort him and give advice. Mephiles was always willing to spend time with him and take care of him when he was exhausted.

One day, Manic teleported to the house (after much reassuring to Sonic, Scourge and Silver) for a visit. He'd brung Tux with him, and Mephiles spent a good deal of time playing with the gray cat.

Manic and Shadow sat in the kitchen, talking. But Manic quickly noticed that Shadow kept glancing over to Mephiles. And even though Shadow was trying to hide it, Manic saw that he was smiling.

Manic decided to engage in one of his favorite passtimes, decoding. He was definitely going to decode this behavior. "You like him, don't you?"

Without realizing it, Shadow nodded. "Yeah. He's amazing."

When Shadow realized what he'd said, he blushed and stuttered, trying to cover it up. "I mean, w-well, he um-"

"Aw, you're crazy for him aren't you?"

"Shut up, Manic."

"Alright. I won't say anything." Manic said. "But just a little reminder for you though: don't imagine Mephiles in the shower, bathing himself."

'Oh, I'd love to see that.' Shadow thought.

"Ooh, or in a skirt or tiny dress. Maybe wearing tights underneath, maybe panties and stockings..."

'Yes. Oh chaos, yes.'

Manic leaned closer. "And definitely don't imagine him open legged, touching himself, begging you to take him..."

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" Shadow shouted. He couldn't take that talk anymore.

"Um, Shadow?"

Shadow turned to Mephiles, who had teleported beside him. "Yes?"

"Are you al-" Mephiles looked down. "Ah!"

"What's wrong?" Manic asked, struggling not to laugh, since he already knew the answer to that.

Mephiles turned away. "Shadow's... Shadow, your crotch..."

Shadow looked down. Indeed the thought of Mephiles begging for him was a HUGE turn on.

Shadow had to be in his room (undisturbed) for about 45 minutes.

Unknown to Shadow, Manic took the opportunity to ask Mephiles:

"Hey... When you took all of those things that looked like Shadow's stuff... Was it out of love?"

Mephiles froze in playing with Tuck. "Why do you ask?"

Nonchalantly, Manic answered, "I'm just wondering, ya know? I mean, I think it would be kinda cute in a really creepy way. Being so obsessed with your crush that you do all you can to feel close to them... Even though they might never truly understand just how strong your feelings are..."

Mephiles gulped. "You...you're making some strange accusations, Manic..."

'Gotcha.' Manic thought. "Hey, I just don't see any other reason why you'd do all that, then agree to take care of him right afterward. Unless you're planning his demise."

Mephiles looked up, shocked. "I am not planning to harm Shadow!"

Manic made a face as if he was thinking hard about something. "Hm... Maybe sabotage his reputation, then?"

"No, I'm not! I would never!"

"Well, why?"

"Because I love him!"

Mephiles then realized what Manic had done. By saying just the right words and getting into his head, Manic had made Mephiles tell on himself.

Shaking his head at the grinning hedgehog in front of him, Mephiles said, "You cunning imbecile, you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Manic nodded, trying not to laugh. "By the way, I'm curious: why'd you decide to call the cat 'Tuck'?"

Mephiles looked at the gray cat. "Just before I found him, I had read the book 'Tuck Everlasting'."

"I watched the movie. That story was amazing. By the way, I decided to call him Tux because it looks like he's wearing a tuxedo."

Mephiles picked up the cat. Manic was right. With the white fur on his chest and paws, it looked the cat had on a tuxedo and gloves. "Cute."

Mephiles was enjoying his new life. But his fun would be interrupted soon.