Chapter 7

I walk over to where my body is. I jump up and down and twirl a little dance knowing it's my last.

I look at myself, nearly life less. A twinge of fear shoots through me. I climb up onto the bed and sit, positioning myself so my ghostly legs are where my life ones should be. I slide my hands into their places and slowly lower my arms and body into position too. I take a deep breath and let my head hit the pillow.

Pain swallows me and I let out a high scream. I feel my body start to shake and doctors start to yell things I can't understand. I hear the beep of a machine start to grow faster as the blackness takes over.

.

.

.

I wake up and lay still as my eyes adjust to my surroundings. I hear the slow beep of a machine. I look around me and see cream colored walls. A table holds all kinds of get well things to my left. In front of me is a TV turned on to some cop show. The clock shows 10:32pm I glance to my right and see my mom sitting, eyes glued to the television.

"Mom." I croak. My throat is dried out and soar. I close my eyes and try to swallow but there's no saliva. "Alissa?" Mom asks. "Alissa, did you say something?" I open my eyes and see my mom standing over me, wide eyed and surprised. "I'm.." I can't get any more out so I point to my throat. "Oh, of course you are honey!" She grabs a glass of water and holds it to my lips and tilts it for me. When I finish it my throat feels a hundred times better!

"Why am I here?" I ask. My mom gives me a sympathetic look. "Baby, we were surfing and you were attacked...but you're ok now baby, you're ok." I stare at her letting her words sink in.

"How long have I been here?"

"2 weeks."

We're silent for a moment before she says, "I'm going to get the doctor, I'll be right back." She blows me a kiss as she slips out the door.

I go to lift my self but fall onto my left side. Pain shoots through me and I let out a shriek. I look and see that my arm's missing, covered in bandages now soaking in blood. I put my weight on my right side and pull myself into a sitting position.

I feel dizzy so I close my eyes and sit still for a moment. I look down and see both of my legs are missing as well, I gasp and look away.

My mom and two men walk into the room. One man is older, he has salt and pepper colored hair and the other is young and blonde. My mom gasps and runs to me. "Alissa what happened!?" She asks looking at my soaked bandage. "I was trying to sit up, I didn't realize my arm was missing and I fell onto it." She looks over at - Dr. O'Brian, as I now read - with a fearful look.

"Don't worry Mrs. Daniels we'll just need to re-stitch it." He looks over at the other doctor. "You'll need to do the testing while I re-stitch." He hand the board to him and walks over to my left side unwrapping my bandage. I look away, not ready to see my missing arm.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I look to the other doctor, confused for a moment. I look into his blue eyes and flash to another moment. I know him.

"Alissa, do you hear me?" He asks. "Oh..uh..yea, sorry. De-ja-vu. Two, you're holding up two fingers." He smiles and jots it down. He pulls out a flash light and tell me to look straight at him. I do and he shines the light in, taking notes. I can't shake the feeling that I know him, but I'd remember a face like his. So rugged, and a stern jaw line. He's looking into my ears when I ask, "How old are you?"

"Alissa Daniels!" Mom protests, but he chuckles and says it's fine. "I'm 17." "And you're a doctor!?" I ask, shocked. "Well, studying to be. I'm taking early college classes, I'm an assistant." "Oh." I say, feeling foolish. "Well do I know you? I recognize you." "Mmm, not that I know of." He says. "Now repeat after me, The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." I repeat it back to him and he writes stuff down. He finishes up, looking at me as I try to think how I know him.

"Well the testing'a done and you seem to be fine. Better than fine really after all you've been through." Josh says. What a perfect name. He smiles big and shows his straight, white teeth. "And your shoulder's back into healing process." Dr. O'Brian says, standing and throwing away the old gauze.

"Where's Ashley?" I ask, suddenly realizing I hadn't seen my best friend. "I sent her home." Mom says, regret filling her face. "Visiting hours were over and there was no use for her loosing another night of sleep. She's going to hate not being here when you woke up, but she'll be here first thing in the morning."

"Speaking of sleep," Dr. O'Brian interjects. "your'e both going to need some. Exspecially you Allisa, get some rest and I'll see you in the morning." He walks out with a smile. "Goodnight." Josh says and shuts the door.

"I've been so worried about you!" Mom says, climbing in bed next to me. She hands me a pill and my glass of water. "I'm going to watch some more TV until I fall asleep." She says. I mumble an ok as she kisses me and I drift off to sleep.

Heyy everyone! So she made her decision, although she doesn't remember doing so./: hopefully it was the right one!! I guess we'll know soon enough!(:

I'll post the next chapter in about a week! I'm going out of town/:

Keep reading(: