Chapter 2

I see my body motionless on the bed. My brown hair is strewn around me in a tangly mess. My skin is paper thin. My left arm is missing and a part of both legs. I try to recall what may have happened.

* * *

I woke up, showered, threw a large t-shirt on over my bikini and headed down stairs for some breakfast. "Hey Mom!" I chirped and kissed her on the cheek as I grabbed a pop tart. "Such an early bird." She chuckled.

"Have any plans for the day?"

"I was thinking we could go to the beach? Catch some waves? Of course you'll have to get out of your pj's and put on a swim suit." Ashley was on vacation so I figured time with my mom would be cool. "Oh Alissa," Mom laughed. "I haven't surfed in years, I'm not sure I'd remember how. And what would I do about a swim suit? I don't even own one anymore." I smiled. "I'll teach you mom, and we're about the same size, I'll loan you one of mine...but you really should get one Mom, we live on a beach for goodness sakes!" She thought about this for a moment.

"Oh alright, let me go freshen up." She grabbed her coffee before kissing me on the head and heading up stairs.

We grabbed our boards and headed down to the beach. We both threw our hair up into ponytails. My mom looked young and beautiful, as always. She looked over and smiled at me. "Last one there's a rotten egg!" She yelled before dashing across the sand towards the water. "That's so old!" I laughed but took off after her.

We laid on our bellies, on our boards, waiting for the perfect wave. When we finally saw one my mom winked at me and started paddling towards it. "I thought you forgot how to surf?" I yelled to her. "Oh it comes back!" She yelled with a laugh, I just smiled and shook my head. As the wave got closer to us we dove under and stood on our boards. I popped up and started riding the wave. My mom was smiling wide at me. She looked so beautiful with the wave over her, the sun lit behind her. Her blue eyes shimmered, matching the water. I watched my moms face drop as something knocked me off my board. Dazed, I sat stunned for a moment.

* * *

I open my eyes, heart beating 100 miles a minute. I remember, and I almost wish I didn't. I slip my ghostly hand into my bodies and it swells with pain so I jerk it out. That's when I realize I'm in between life and death..

..and the choice is mine.

I hope y'all like it so far!?(: I know the chapters are a little short, but I am new!(: I don't know if y'all realize what's happened to her yet..if not it'll tell you!(:

The next chapter should be posted tomorrow! Please keep reading!(: thanks!