Chapter 3

×××××
×××××××××××××××××
Chapter 3:
Varian
×××××××××××××××××
×××××

Today was finally Sunday.

The day that Carie/Moriette can go out in the sun once again.

Carie was indeed excited as she was just cooped up in the darn room for an effing week in which she DID NOT enjoy the slightest.

Besides eating and sleeping, Carie was already bored on just laying down with the stories that Moriette's parents were telling her.

But finally, today, she can go out again.

*       *       *

Carie was still lying on her bed, twirling with a strand of her black hair on her finger, bored.

Then suddenly, the wooden door of her room opened with a tweek..!

Looking up, she saw Windy peek inside and lock eyes with Carie. Windy smiled at her and went inside while carefuly closing the door behind her.

She turned around, having a grin on her face.
"Guess what day it is~?" She sang ad she walked towards Carie.

Carie made a confused look. "Easter?" She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes playfully.

"What? Nevermind, no!" Windy giggled as she was now standing beside Carie with her grin widening.

"Um, Monday?" Carie awkwardly guessed.

"Nope! The day before that!" Windy shook her head, acting like a little child.

"Sun–" Carie gasped, realizing. "SUNDAY!"

"It took you that long to realize huh?" Windy laughed, bending down and kissing Carie's forehead.

Carie rolled her eyes again playfully and started to stand up, excited.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down dear!" Windy panicked, taking a hold of Carie's arms and hands to help her up to sit properly.

She made Carie sit at the edge of the bed. She chuckled. "Be careful okay? I think half of your body is still asleep."

Carie made a 'pssshh' sound to say, "Nonsense!"

Then, she slipped herself off the bed.

The moment that her feet reached the ground, she didn't feel anything. It was all numb.

"Whoa!" Carie exclaims, falling forward to her mother's chest making an 'oof!' sound.

Windy chuckled and helped Carie up once more.

"See? What did I tell you?"

*       *       *

"Hi Mom!" Carie greets cheerfully, skipping towards Windy.

Windy looks up from the lake as she noticed Carie's cheerful movements. She stops scrubbing the blanket and smiles at Carie, her happiness radiating through her.