Chapter 1

×××××
×××××××××××××××××
Chapter 1:
The Portal
×××××××××××××××××
×××××

Carie hummed as she walked around the white halls of her house, the soft clinking of her shoes echoing along the room.

Passing on some portraits, Carie stopped on a flower one that she took herself.

She smiled and pushed the middle of the portrait, swiping her hand around in a patterned way

She smiled and pushed the middle of the portrait, swiping her hand around in a patterned way. Like the ones you do when unlocking your phone with a pattern.

After putting on her secret pattern, she smiled smugly as it made some machine sounds and a lever appeared beside the portrait.

Pulling it down, the portrait swung open in an instant. Having a special and secret lair in some of the walls of the house.

Carie stepped inside and felt how the portrait locked itself automatically behind her. She made her way around the lab that she made herself in some time of the months and she saw a lot of scattered and crumpled blueprints on her wide study table.

She sighed and arranged them, pulling down some of the drawers and rolling the blueprints, shoving them inside carefully.

"Are you ready for another adventure Carie?" TARF glided behind her with a grin on his screen face.

Carie jumped, startled at TARF's voice. She turned around and put a hand on her heart, letting a sigh in relief.

"Yeah," She matched the grin that her robot had. "I'm ready."

TARF nodded, giving her a smile. "Alright, I'm going to put the codes." He said and rolled to the corner, where the controlling buttons where.

"So," Carie followed him and starts fiddling with her top which was usual habit of hers. "Where am I going to this time?"

The robot hummed in acknowledgment as he still typing on the computer or the controller of the machines.

"Going through time. 18 century." TARF replied simply, his eyes glued on the computer screen as he quickly typed the specific codes to the machine.

'0003, 0267, 0981, 00374' The green reflection of the codes were scrolling fast on TARF's screen face.

Carie took a peek over his shoulder and instantly understood what the coding meant.

'Go back to time, 18 century, Animated.'

"Your satchel is there by the way." TARF pointed to the brown leather satchel that was hung up near the portal.

The portal was the usual 'bus' that she uses when dimension hopping.

"Oooh!" Carie squeals, running towards her satchel and wearing it.

"You fixed the holes! It looks soo brand new!" Carie gasps, examining the brown leather bag that once had some holes and ripped parts.

"And what's in this by the way?" Carie questions, shaking the bag slightly as she felt it jingle with things.

"Of course." TARF shrugs, still continuing to type. "After those hippogriffs that almost ripped you to pieces— I warned you about touching them— I just made it look brand new because I know you love that satchel too much."

"And it's just materials, like: first aid kits and such that you need." TARF adds, typing faster on the holographic keyboard.

"Hey!" Carie defends, "They were just so cute that I forgot to bow!"

TARF rolls his eyes as he glances at Carie with a 'really?' look.

Carie only laughs lightly, "And you know me so well." She adds, winking at the robot.

Suddenly, the portal made some swishing sounds that made Carie conscious that the portal was getting ready.

"Aha!" TARF screams in victory, fist bumping the air as he made the coding, successful. "Done!"

He rolls his way towards Carie and pushes her towards the open portal that had some white, blue, purple and pink swirls.

"Wear this, by the way." TARF hands her a pink and magenta beady bracelet.

"This will help you communicate with me." He explains, looking to see Carie slip on the bracelet on her right wrist.

"Okay," He rolls back to the computer, ready to press the enter button. "Are you ready?

Carie gave him a smile and nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay, then. In 5." He counted down.

"4."

Carie tightened her grip on the satchel.

"3."

She narrowed her eyes in determination.

"2."

She took a deep breath.

"1."

She is ready.

"Go."

She runs and hops towards the portal as her vision became all white, the portal having this blinding light. Then, it all turned black.

-

-

-

She went through the portal.

∆◽∆
Yellow! :)

I'm sorry! I'm just so excited about this book that I quickly typed a new chapter! :D

So, anyways. I hope you enjoyed this!

See you soon! ^w^