Chapter Ten (Part 1)

Everyone at the Dong Fang Manor were anxious since Tao Tu Yun was unconscious.

'How is Tu Yun?' Luo Bing Liang asked the physician impatiently.

The physician let go of Tao Tu Yun's wrist. Then the physician looked at everyone's worried faces and shook head sadly at Dong Fang Ao.

'Second master, lady Tao's heart condition is rare,' the physician said. 'Her heart pulse is faint like her heart stopped beating. I'm sorry. It appears lady Tao won't live past tomorrow.'

The bedchamber became silent and tenser. No one wanted to believe the physician's examination was true.

Su Wu cried loudly in a corner while Dong Fang Ao sat on the bed next to Tao Tu Yun, waiting for her to wake up.

'Impossible,' Luo Bing Liang said. 'Tu Yun is young. I won't believe she's dying. She only spat out blood. She is going to live a long life.'

Luo Bing Liang looked disbelievingly at Dong Fang Ling. She wanted Dong Fang Ling to tell the physician's examination was wrong.

'Are you certain...' Dong Fang Ling said.

'First master, I'm sorry,' the physician said. 'I can't save lady Tao.'

'Second brother...' Dong Fang Ling said.

'Elder Jiang!' Dong Fang Ao called.

Elder Jiang ran into the bedchamber.

'Second master, I'm here,' elder Jiang said.

Elder Jiang sensed the tension in the bedchamber. He suspected the physician gave bad news about Tao Tu Yun's health.

'Elder Jiang, have you prepared everything I asked you to prepare?' Dong Fang Ao asked.

'Yes second master,' elder Jiang said. 'When the news was spread about lady Tao, many people voluntarily travelled around Luo Yang province and Liu Yue province and they helped to collect one thousand finger prints in two days.'

'Good,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'Elder Jiang order the servants to prepare the wedding. I'm marrying Tu Yun tonight.'

Everyone were surprised by Dong Fang Ao's words except for Su Wu.

'Quickly, go prepare the wedding!' Dong Fang Ao ordered.

Elder Jiang stumbled backward, turned around and ran outside.

'Second brother, tell me what happened,' Dong Fang Ling said.

'First brother, come outside with me,' Dong Fang Ao said.

Dong Fang Ao's eyes lingered on Tao Tu Yun sleeping on the bed for a while then he followed Dong Fang Ling outside the bedchamber.

'Su Wu, stop crying,' Luo Bing Liang said. 'Dong Fang Ao won't let Tu Yun die.'

Luo Bing Liang patted Su Wu's back and followed Dong Fang Ling outside the bedchamber too.

'Mistress, did you hear?' Su Wu asked softly. 'Second master is marrying you tonight. You're not going to die.'

In Dong Fang Ling and Luo Bing Liang's bedchamber, Dong Fang Ao stood in front of the window and he explained Tao Tu Yun's situation.

'Second brother, why didn't you tell us about Tu Yun's situation sooner?' Dong Fang Ling asked.

'Having less people know about Tu Yun's situation is my way of protecting her,' Dong Fang Ao said.

Dong Fang Ao wished Tao Tu Yun worried about her own life as much as she worried about saving people.