Chapter Three (Part 2)

Outside the Dong Fang Manor, Dong Fang Ao was pacing back and forth.

The guards were curious who Dong Fang Ao was waiting for, because it was the first time Dong Fang Ao waited for someone.

The guards didn't need to wait long to see their suspicions confirmed, Dong Fang Ao was waiting for Tao Tu Yun.

Tao Tu Yu and Su Wu ran toward Dong Fang Ao.

'Dong Fang Ao, I'm sorry I made you wait,' Tao Tu Yu said.

'Let's go,'Dong Fang Ao said and held Tao Tu Yu's hand.

'Wait,' Li Tai Fang said.

'Dong Fang Ao, why are favoring  Tao Tu Yu?' Li Tai Fang asked. 'I'm your future wife. You should take me sightseeing instead of taking Tao Tu Yu.'

'Everyone's hearts know who Dong Fang Ao's real fiance is,' Su Wu said. 'Besides, Dong Fang Ao likes my mistress, not you.'

'You're only a maid,' Li Tai Fang said. 'You have no right to speak.'

Li Tai Fang raised her hand to slap Su Wu. Tao Tu Yu stood in front of Su Wu to protect Su Wu , and Li Tai Fang's hand changed direction to slap Tao Tu Yu.

'Stop!' Dong Fang Ao said and grabbed Li Tai Fang's arm to stop Li Tai Fang from slapping Tao Tu Yu.

'Dong Fang Ao...' Li Tai Fang called.

Li Tai Fang's arm felt like it was going to break in half, but Dong Fang Ao's glare was scarier.

'If I see you hit anyone, I won't spare you,' Dong Fang Ao warned.

Dong Fang Ao heard from his servants that Li Tai Fang dared to hit his servants. If Li Tai Fang dared to hit his fiance in front of him, it meant Li Tai Fang behaved worse behind his back.

Dong Fang Ao let go of Li Tai Fang. Li Tai Fang stumbled back and Feng Yu caught Li Tai Fang.

'If you want to come with us then follow us,' Dong Fang Ao said coldly.

Dong Fang Ao held Tao Tu Yu's hand and they walked together to the markets.

Li Tai Fang followed behind Tao Tu Yu and Dong Fang Ao. Li Tai Fang glared at Tao Tu Yu's back, and Li Tai Fang vowed to take revenge on Tao Tu Yu.

Dong Fang Ao took Tao Tu Yu to eat at a restaurant in one of his family's inns.

The restaurant was a popular restaurant in the city. The customers who were waiting for a vacant table didn't complain when one man and four women got a table before them, because Dong Fang Ao's family owned the inn.

The customers were curious to see Tao Tu Yu and Li Tai Fang. They speculated about who was Dong Fang Ao's real fiance and who was Dong Fang Ao's fake fiance.

The inn caretaker escorted Dong Fang Ao and his guests to the best table on the third floor.

Tao Tu Yu wanted to sit on the seat furthest away from Dong Fang Ao andLi Tai Fang.

' Tu Yu, sit on my right,' Dong Fang Ao said affectionately.

Tao Tu Yu felt awkward sitting closely next to Dong Fang Ao.

Li Tai Fang glared at Tao Tu Yu and Li Tai Fang chose to sit on Dong Fang Ao's left side.

A banquet of elaborate dishes were brought to Dong Fang Ao's table like seafood congee, grilled chicken, beef and pork.

' Tu Yu, taste the restaurant's most popular dishes,' Dong Fang Ao said.

Dong Fang Ao put vegetables in his bowl, and Tao Tu Yu put grilled beef in her bowl.

'Su Wu, come sit next to me and eat,' Tao Tu Yu said.

'Mistress, am I allowed to sit and eat with you?' Su Wu asked.

'A maid should know her place,' Li Tai Fang said. 'Isn't that right Feng Yu?'

'Yes, mistress,' Feng Yu said and looked at the delicious food on the table enviously.

Feng Yu also envied Tao Tu Yu and Su Wu's close friendship unlike hers and Li Tai Fang's mistress and maid relationship.

'A maid is a person too,' Tao Tu Yu said. 'Li Tai Fang, you shouldn't belittle another person. I grew up with Su Wu. In my eyes Su Wu is my sister. Feng Yu served you for years. I don't believe in your eyes Feng Yu is only a maid.'

'Stay out of my relationship with my maid,' Li Tai Fang warned.

Li Tai Fang wasn't going to give Tao Tu Yu a chance to act like a mistress with a generous heart in front of Dong Fang Ao.

'You're right,' Tao Tu Yu said. 'I have no right to interfere in your relationship with Feng Yu so you have no right to interfere in my relationship with Su Wu. Dong Fang Ao, can Su Wu sit next to me at the table and eat together with us?'

Dong Fang Ao saw that Tao Tu Yu didn't want to fight with Li Tai Fang. He ate a piece of grilled beef and granted Tao Tu Yu's request.

'Yes, Su Wu can sit and eat with us,' Dong Fang Ao said.

Su Wu happily sat next to Tao Tu Yu, and Tao Tu Yu put a piece of grilled beef into Su Wu's bowl.

Feng Yu was envious Su Wu had a good mistress like Tao Tu Yu who treated Su Wu like a sister.

Later that day Dong Fang Ao escorted the women back to the Dong Fang Manor, Dong Fang Ling was waiting for him outside his bedchamber.

'Big brother, why do you want to see me?' Dong Fang Ao asked.

'Nothing important,' Dong Fang Ling said. 'I couldn't find you in your calligraphy room. The guards informed me that you took your two fiances to eat outside.'

'Big brother, confess,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'Did your wife send you here to confirm or deny rumors?'

Dong Fang Ling laughed helplessly and he didn't deny Dong Fang Ao's assumption.

'The truth is I'm curious about your two fiances too,' Dong Fang Ling said. 'Have you found out who's your real fiance and who's your fake fiance yet?'

'Nothing confirmed yet,' Dong Fang Ao said. 'Big brother, you know it's not important to me who's my real fiance and who's a fake.'

The Dong Fang brothers exchanged a smile with each other. Like Dong Fang Ao, Dong Fang Ling didn't care about their father's arranged marriages for them. Luo Bing Liang wasn't Dong Fang Ling's fiance, butDong Fang Ling was adamant about marrying Luo Bing Liang because Dong Fang Ling lovedLuo Bing Liang.

The four Dong Fang siblings didn't care about outsiders seeing them as unfilial and not honoring their father's wishes. It didn't matter who their father gave the jade bracelets to, because the four Dong Fang siblings would only marry for love.

***

End of Chapter Three (Part 2) summary