Chapter 1

"Momma!" Sadie called out as she ran in to her bedroom and found her Momma throw an empty suitcase on the bed. Miranda looked over and smiled as her freshly bathed 3 year old ran in to the room, her baby-powdered body had been dressed by her Father in her favourite pink night gown. Miranda smiled as she ran in and climbed up on the bed so that she was sitting behind the suitcase.

"What are you doing?" Sadie asked as Miranda opened up the wardrobe and Miranda started to sort through the clothes.

"We need to pack all of your things so we can leave tomorrow!" Miranda reminded her and Sadie grinned real big, her hands slapping her thighs in excitement as she squealed, making Miranda laugh.

The next evening, their little family was leaving for a much needed week-long vacation at Alyse Beach, FL. They were road-tripping there, so Miranda wanted to make sure everyone was packed and ready so the trip went smoothly.

While Sadie sat and watched with her doll in her lap, Miranda sorted through the clothing until she picked out 5 t-shirts that were various colours and patterns. As she let Sadie pack them in to the suitcase, Miranda helped her fold them neatly before she picked out jean shorts, a few skirts and a pink pair of light weight shorts. When she also packed 4 dresses, Miranda looked at the huge pile of clothing for one week away and sighed, but she knew kids were messy and it was better to be prepared. Once all the clothing was in, Miranda also packed Sadie's swimsuits and let Sadie decide which toys she wanted to take, but kept some aside to keep her entertained in the car.

As soon as she had packed flip-flops and sandals, Miranda zipped up the suitcase and put it out in the hallway, so that her Husband could take it downstairs to put with the abundance of other things Miranda had already packed up that day.

Miranda took Sadie's hand and led her in to the bathroom for a few minutes where she dried out her still slightly soapy hair and combed it out so that it was silky and smooth. Blake wasn't the best at hair-washing, but Miranda managed to dry out the last of the shampoo suds to fix his rough job.

"All done." Miranda said with a kiss to her daughter's forehead and Sadie smiled, accepting her Momma's help down from the basin and she ran out of the bedroom and walked in front of her Mother down the stairs.

Blake turned around when he heard footsteps on the stairs and smiled over at his girls. He was making dinner so they could eat and get to bed early and there was nothing Sadie loved more than quality Daddy time, so she ran straight over and Blake grinned as he picked her up and put her on his hip.

"Do you wanna help" Blake asked with a kiss to her temple and Sadie nodded eagerly, grinning when Blake held her as she stirred the spaghetti sauce, being careful to keep her bare feet away from the hotplate.

Blake turned to see Miranda head upstairs again and he frowned as he watched her butt disappear up on to the next level. Their marriage had been a little rocky lately, but they were doing their best to keep that from Sadie, who was too young to hear about such matters. They had agreed over a year ago to try for a second baby and they had tried for a while, but Blake had become so busy with work in the past few months that Miranda had been left alone with their only child, something that Blake felt horrible about. This vacation had been his idea, an attempt to try and fix things with Miranda, but he was well aware that she as angry and he needed to make sure his attention was completely with his family for this trip. They both wanted another Baby and he felt terrible that it was his fault they weren't even trying anymore.

"Daddy! It's bubbly!" Sadie chimed in alarm, snapping Blake out of his thoughts and he quickly turned the hotplate off and threw the spaghetti in the other saucepan of boiling water. He stirred it a few times, before popping the lid on and setting Sadie on the kitchen floor.