5. TRUTH TO BE TOLD

After sending Dawn to her house,  Richard hit the road heading to his house. While Ogie transferred to the shotgun seat again, beside Richard.

“Please stop the car, first.  Let’s talk.” Ogie commanded.

Richard obliged to stop the car and turned to Ogie.

“I heard everything. I’m  sorry. Hindi ko sinasadya. I mean, kasi bakla ako, Richard. Alam ko kung ume-echos kayo o hindi. Alam ko na may something pa kayo sa isa’t isa. I planned everything what happened  tonight, Goma. From letting Dawn sit beside you during the ride, to play the reunited on the radio, to pretend that I’m  tired, to scare her, to let her transfer here in the front seat, I planned. I want you two to talk about your 'thing' before we’ll  start to make this project.

“Artista at manager ako, I know na baka parang naging ano ako kasi I put it all in place na without asking permission  from the both of you, but I didn’t  regret anything. If magalit ka sa akin ngayon, okay lang. I’m  doing this for you and Dawn, Goma. I’m  a fan of your loveteam. No, not only the loveteam. THE LOVESTORY! Alam ko halos every bit na nangyari sa life ninyo before when you were still a couple. Pero hindi ko talaga alam the real reason why the two of you split-up. I’m  not forcing you to make it up with Dawn kasi alam ko’ng nasasaktan ka pa. But I’m  willing to help, Goma. I’m a friend. If you need something for Dawn, then ask me. Even though di nyo pa ako masyadong kilala kasi ngayon lang tayo mag-kakatrabaho, I want to assure you that I’ll  bring this o kung ano narinig ko at nangyari to my death. Kahit kay Satanas ‘di ko ikukuwento.  Hello? Sa langit lang dapat yung lovestory nyo.” Ogie said.

His last sentence made Richard chuckled. From a serious face to a quirky one.

“Oy, tumawa! So? You’re  not upset with me?” Ogie asked with a hoepful tone.

“No, I’m  not. In fact, I’m  thankful. Thank you Ogs, kasi kung ‘di mo pala plinano lahat, ‘di ko masasabi kay Dawn lahat ng gusto ko sabihin sakanya. You know how hard it is to keep it from myself for what? for twenty-two long years? I mean andaming beses na kami, ako, binigyan ng pagkakataon to burst it out sakanya. Nag-encantadia,  Filipinas, pero I just couldn’t.  Naduwag ako. Kasi baka mailang sya sa akin or baka mamali yung pagkakasabi ko at ‘di ta-timing. Things changed. I changed. And that’s  the biggest mistake of my life.” Richard said, tears were visible in his eyes. 

“What kind of changes you mean?” Ogie asked.

“We were so busy in our own careers those time. Me and Dawn only saw each other on mornings and we couldn’t  make to stay together and catch up things longer because our projects and works were there waiting for us.” Richard started, a tear fell from his left eye.

“And I admit that I didn’t like what was  happening in our relationship. I mean I felt like I was not happy anymore. But I knew that my heart still beat for Dawn. I wanted Dawn to build her name up in showbiz on her own. I mean is yung ‘di lang dapat yung loveteam ang tangkilikin ng tao kasi Dawn deserves more. Her acting skills should be recognized kasi she’s  a very good actress kahit noon pa. I didn’t  ask Dawn for her time kasi I know we’d still be together every night or morning. And that made sense. Dawn was too busy, but she didn’t  forget that she still have a boyfriend so before she went to work she cooked breakfast and before she went to sleep she still made lambing. You know? Manageable sya sa time nya. And I felt bad kasi I couldn’t do the same.  Until such time, she told me that she’d be busy on the upcoming  days. I told her it was  okay because I’d be busy too. ” Richard shared as the tone of his voice became regretful and as he continue his side of story, he was crying already.

“Ah-m..” Ogie butt in, trying to comfort him.

“Let me finish, Og.” Richard cut him off.

Ogie only nodded.