3. PRECIOUS RIDE

The team decided to have a ride to their home using just single van.  Their houses are just somewhere there around in Makati, so there’s  nothing  to worry much about.  They want to have a 'kulitan' again riding towards their homes, at least. 

Ogie was the one who was  driving. (He owns the van, and he was  the one who volunteered to get them a ride to their houses.)

Susan sat on the front seat,  obviously at Ogie’s side. Helen, Eddie, Nonie, and Rita were sitting on the first row.  Joem, Melissa,Paulo, and Direk on the second row.  Coco, Julia, Richard, and Dawn were on the third row.  Dawn wanted to sit on the fourth row, but Ogie stopped her because Ogie knew that she just didn’t  want to sit beside Richard  during the ride ‘coz the last topic they had about their past relationship was kinda made them felt awkward.  So he made a move and the team got what was  Ogie’s plan so they decided to occupied  all the sits side by side to make Dawn and Richard to sit together side by side on the third row. Ogie reasoned out to Dawn that if she sit on the fourth row,  she would not be able to jam with them ‘coz she’d be too far from Ogie. Ogie knew it was a stupid reason but he just took the risk hoping that Dawn would agree.  When Dawn agreed, he was just so happy.

When they were heading out of the parking lot, the team got silent. Looking tired.  Ogie,  the ever madiskarte turned the radio on.  Unfortunately, old songs filled the air ‘coz it was late in the evening already.  Everyone sang along even the juniors as if they completely recognize the music. They looked like a bunch of kids singing along with the wrong lyrics.  The music was familiar to them but it was not the typical kind of songs that they grew up with, so they were just singing and thinking that they have the right lyrics in head. 

One song, two, three, down. 

But the juniors were just still having fun that made the seniors laugh out loud. Until the fifth song,  entitled Reunited.  It made them quiet especially  the seniors.  The Juniors were comprehending the song,  they thought that they just couldn’t crack a joke ‘coz the seniors went serious and looked like ignoring the song.  The chorus played,

Reunited  and it feels so good, 🎶
Reunited ‘coz we understood, 🎶
The break-up we had it made me lonesome and sad, 🎶
I realized I love you ‘coz I need your touch, hey, hey.  🎶

And shoot!  The junior realized why the seniors got serious.  The song was like the perfect song for Richard and Dawn at that moment.  Melissa searched the lyrics to her phone and so Julia did.  They sang along softly trying to divert the awkwardness and the seniors does the same including Dawn and Richard putting so much feelings on it. ‘til the last stanza came,  they stopped singing along leaving Richard and Dawn sang the rest.  Everyone felt like it was a precious moment.  Not just for Dawn and Richard but for them all, also.  The juniors treasured  that minute.  They just witnessed  a wonderful yet memorable precious moment.  *

A/N: The asterisk is a sign that the chapter is done, my loves!!  Thank you for considering my typographical and grammatical errors.  Hope all is well.  God bless.