Prologue

“Yes, Pia? Why you have to call me at the middle of the night?” Richard sleepily said.

“I’m  sorry.  Did I disturb  your sleep? Sorry but I don’t have time except  midnight. Can’t  call you in mornings, afternoons, and evenings e.  Only dawns. Well,  this is so important, Richard.  I just want to ask you one thing.  I badly need your answer NOW! I forgot to tell you these past few days ‘coz I’m  so busy and I had an important meetings to deal with. I badly need your answer rightaway after my question.” Pia said.

“That fast? Hmm. Okay, I’ll  try.  But it will still depends on the question, Pia. Go on. What is it?” Richard said and sighed.

“Do you want or should I rather say,  do you love to work with Dawn again?” Pia asked

Richard was speechless.  He surely heard what Pia said clearly. But it left him speechless.  Was he ready?  Was he ready to make Dawn her team mate again?  Was he?  He was just asking himself repeatedly  in his mind that moment but Pia said something that made his senses back to reality.

“Richard?  Still there?  Just answer the question now, please.  We’re  running out of time.  You should decide now so that I will make a call to the staff rightaway.  I’m  sure they are still up ‘coz they’re  finalizing the storyline.  The taping will start by next week and the pre-prod is two days from now and they need the final copy of the casts.  And they said that it’s a good comeback for you in the network as well as the loveteam.Well,  if you want to turn it down,  it’s fine with  me.  I don’t  want to force you. And besides,  ikaw naman yung mag-a-acting.” Pia said.

“Wait! wait! wait, Pia.  What? The loveteam?” Richard confusedly asked.

“Yes. The loveteam you and Dawn have. Do you make up your mind na?  Or should I call you back after a couple  of minutes just for you to think about it?”

“Well,  what’s  the material of the story? Am I necessary to be one of the casts? I mean, I’m  not saying  no about the project, but I’m kinda hesitant.” Richard sighed.

“Well it’s  a love story.  Coco Martin and Julia Montes are one of the stars.  Well,  as well as you if you say yes.  The story is inspired  by the ever beautiful Hihintayin Kita sa Langit. It’s not necessary  naman.  They just want you to be part of it kasi you and Dawn are the original main casts of the inspiration of the story.  The story you’re  going to make,  it has three generations of love stories.  So what’s your plan now? I’ll  call you back after five minutes.  Just need to make a coffee.  Think wisely, Richard, bye.” And Pia ended the call.

After hearing those words Richard was again, speechless. He looked up in the sky.  Was it really a destiny?  To make his and Dawn's  paths cross again?  And to make a project that is inspired by the ever-beautiful Hihintayin Kita sa Langit?  The project where it all started? Then he saw a falling star. He don’t  believe in wishing when you saw falling stars but he closed his eyes and wished that please give him a wise decision. After saying those words in his mind,  he saw Dawn’s  face vividly in his mind wearing her genuine  smile that made him fell inlove twenty-two years ago.  He smiled, then back to his senses when he heard his phone ringing.  He picked it up.

“So?  Are you saying no? Okay, Richard.  Sorry for disturbing your night.  Just call me if you’re  ready to make a project na ha?  Medyo marami rin kasi ang nakapila sa lines mo.  Pero this project with Dawn kasi ang very urgent. Okay, go back to sleep,  Richard.  I’ll  hang—" Pia bubbly said.

Richard cut her off. “Ahm... Pia, pia.  Wait, wait.  You’re  just so fast. You don’t know my answer yet then you’re  being so madaldal again.” Richard said and laughed.

“Geez, okay.  I’m  sorry.  ‘Coz I think you’re  going to say no.  You know it’s  about you working with Dawn again. So?  What's the decision?” Pia asked and giggled.

“Well,  I think it’s  a wonderful project, Pia ‘coz it’s  inspired by Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit.  You know naman how much that project means to me. So I won’t  waste this chance. I’m  saying yes.  I’ll  be one of the casts.  Thank you, Pia.”

“Oh well.  Hihintayin Kita sa Langit is such a wonderful and beautiful movie.  And behind the cameras there’s  also a love story  built but sad to say,— oops.  It’s getting so late na pala. Bye, Richard.   Good luck!” Pia, then she hanged up.

Why you need to bring up the past again, Pia?  I’m  being nostalgic  here right  now.  Richard talks Pia in his mind while he was  recalling his bitter-sweet past.*