Chapter 3

"beep bee-" I cut my alarm clock off.

I got up grabbed my towel and bra and went to the bathroom for a quick shower. I washed and conditioned my hair and then took my toothbrush and pasted and brushed my teeth.

After I got out I put my bra and panties on and towel dried my hair before I put on the hairdryer. When I finished drying my hair I wrapped myself in my towel and left the bathroom. I put on my black and white sweater and my faded ripped black skinny jeans. Then I looked for one of my combat boots and beanies.

My phone phone buzzed, it was Josh "we leave in 15". I quickly put on my eyeliner, mascara, concealer, and my plum lip gloss which I also tossed into my bag.

I went down stairs and looked for Lila and to get an apple to eat. Lila was already by the door with her leash in her mouth. I quickly grabbed an apple and my keys then put her leash on her. We couldn't walk far because I had to be in school so we just walked to the nearest tree and she did her business and then I cleaned up after her. Josh was getting in the car "Leigh you coming?" He yelled out. "Yeah gimme a sec I just need to take her inside." I yelled right back and he nodded. I quickly opened the door and took off her leash and put sanitizer on my hands before I closed the door again. It's a good thing mom put food in her bowl.

I locked the door then went to Josh's car which was a 2014 Nissan altima. "Hey, nice car." I told him. "No problem now pick a band and pop it in" he said while pointing to the glove compartment. "Let's see Iron Maiden takes the win." I said taking the CD out and putting it in. "Nice choice." He said while 'Wasted Years' started playing.

The rest of the car ride consisted of me and him screaming out the lyrics along with Paul Day and Bruce Dickinson plus the occasional head banging.

We arrived at school and grabbed my bag "Wait let me get the door open for you so you can have that dramatic entrance." He said which just made me laugh. He turned off the car and got out and opened the door for me. "You're a dork you know that?" I told him. "But I'm a dork with a great taste in music" He replied "That you are." I said back.

He held out his arm so I could interlock them together kind of like how a bride and her father do at a wedding. I laughed one more time as we walked into school to class. Some people said hi to Josh and just looked at me. As we entered class we broke our arms apart. "Nice of you to join us Mr.Smith, do you have a note for yesterdays absence?" The teacher asked. "Nope sorry" He said as he walked to the seat to my right. "Logan you still need a ride for the weekend?" Josh asked him. Please don't tell me they're friends. "Yea, you want to hang after school" Logan asked. "Sure I just have to drop Leigh off home." Josh replied. "Who?" Logan asked and Josh pointed to me. "Oh the new chick." and Josh nodded. "Cool" Logan said lastly.

***time skip to Lunch***

As I open the door to the cafeteria and swiped my new school ID "LEIGH BABY" I heard Alice yell as she ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug. "Hey Alice" I said as I hugged her back. People were starting to stare at us so we broke apart "Come sit with me, let me introduce you to my friends." She took my hand and pulled me with her to her table.

"Yo bitches this is Leigh, she is my lesbian lover sorry Mark but I'm leaving you for her." She told some dude who I'm guessing is her boyfriend. Mark clutches his heart and pretends to die. "Get up dumb ass." She told him as the entire table laughed. "Hey I'm John", "Sally", "Luis", "Nicole", "And I'm Mark" They all said. "Leigh" I said as I waved and as I was about to sit down "Leigh!" I heard Josh yell my name. "You know Josh?" One of them asked. "uh yea he's my neighbor"

"Leigh what's up?" Josh asked. The rest of the table didn't seem to want him here. "I wanted you to meet some people but uh you're already busy." He motions to them. "Its ok I'll see you in music" Alice told me. I got up and waved bye to them and they returned with a nod.

I went with Josh to his table and he introduced me to some people. "Guys this is Leigh, Leigh this is Max, Russell, Blake, and you've already met Logan" I knew Max, Russell, and Blake let's just say I didn't really want to sit here anymore. "sup." I said and they all said hey Josh sat down and he patted a spot next to him for me to sit. I sat between him and Blake who just stared at me. "Can I help you?" I asked him. "No but you can help yourself." He said as the guys 'Oooo'd. "If that's all that's on the menu I think I'll skip a meal" I replied. "OOOOHH SNAP SHE SAID YOU AIN'T GOT NO NIPPLES" Max said and I laughed a long with the rest of the guys.

I felt my phone vibrate so I checked the messages. "Hey just found out you're back in NY, when were you going to tell me? -D" it read. Damien wow really how did he find out I was here a month early. "Sorry I just got back 2days ago. I'll meet you at our spot yeah?" I sent. "Cool, a certain someone misses you by the way." He replied.

"Leigh? You listening?" Josh asked. "Huh? What did you say?" I replied and he chuckled. "I was asking if you wanted to hang out with me and Logan or if you want me to just drop you home?" He asked. "Oh. I'm taking the train I have some errands to run." I told him. "I can drop you off where you need to go" he stated. "No it's cool. But could you do me a favor and walk Lila?" I asked him and he nodded. "Sure." The bell rang for the end of lunch. "Are you guys going to music?" Josh asked and they all nodded. Since when did they all have music with me? Josh and I locked our arms together again as we walked to music and as soon as I say Alice I left them and hugged her.

"Hey there pussy cat" I sang to her. "woe woe woeooo" She replied and we both sat down. The teacher came in today "Hello class sorry I was out yesterday let's get in our groups." He said. "Excuse me Mr.Miller but we have a new person in the class." Someone said. He looked up from his desk "Ahh that we do, please miss stand up and introduce yourself and tell us what instrument you play." He told me.

I got up "I'm Leigh, I play bass guitar" and I awkwardly sat back down. "Really would you please demonstrate? We have actually two in the back. Logan can you please get it for her." He said. Great I have to play something. Logan got up and went to the back and got the instrument for me. I took it from him. "Please plug it in the the amplifier so we can all listen." I nodded and did so. "um can I pick what ever to play?" I asked and he nodded. I didn't know what to play but Josh shouted "Black Sabbath." "Mr.Smith quiet let her play" Mr.Miller said.

I doubt people expected me to play black sabbath but I started to playing 'Wicked World' while I started playing I heard people talk like "oh shit she's doing it" "oh yeah sabbath baby" and "that's my girl" the last one was Alice. When I finished a few people clapped but some yelled "DIBS" which I had no idea why. "Quiet down class thank you Ms.Ryder you may sit." I nodded and handed the bass to Logan who just looked at me like I was the Holy Grail.

Shit what did I do now?