Chapter 1

"beep beep bee-" I quickly shut off my annoying alarm clock and went back to sleep. I'll skip my first day for stuff like unpacking and what not plus maybe I could walk Lila and take her to the park or something.

"LEIGH GET UP NOW SCHOOL STARTS IN 1HOUR!" My mother yelled as she tugged my blanket off me. After I got up and sighed I looked at the clock 6:20 she can't be serious. Sighing I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my business. After that was done my mom came in my room.

"Wear something appropriate, not like before." She said before she left.

I went into my closet and picked a fuzzy red sweater with little studs on it and my plain black skinny jeans. I topped it off with my grey converse and then walked over to my make up stand. Concealer, mascara, a minimal amount of eyeliner, and my clear lip gloss. As I left my room I grabbed my phone and looked back at my leather jacket and boots that I wasn't being aloud to wear.

I went down stairs to find my mom waiting for me whilst Lila came in through the Doggie door. As soon as she saw me, she ran up and tackled me and attempted to lick my face but I blocked her with my hands causing me to laugh. "Get up Leigh that's enough. I'll drive you for your first day but after this I'll be working so you with have to take the MTA so you better get up earlier if you want to make it on time." I nodded and grabbed an apple and my bag before we stepped out into the cold late October air. Getting into the car I plugged in my ear buds and listen to my music while mom started driving.

After we arrived at school I grabbed my back and left with out a word from my mother. Students were already here so that meant that I was late. I rushed to the principal's office, apparently I had a meeting with the dude. "Hello do you have an appointment?" The lady asked and I nodded. "Ok just sit there and wait." Again I nodded and sat down. While I was just waiting doing nothing I thought about how much longer I had to do this. 6 months until I turn 18 then I can have my freedom. "You can see him now." The lady said so I nodded and got up.

As soon as I entered his office he spoke "Morning Miss.Ryder please have a seat." I nodded and sat down. "When I first saw your record I was shocked by your grades. You were at the top of your class but when I saw that you would be coming from juvenile detention center I wasn't sure. Your mother has asked that we close your file and not mention your time elsewhere and I can agree. I'm willing to give you a fresh start here but you must keep up your grades and stay out of trouble, understood?" He asked. "Yes sir I understand completely, I'll be on my best behavior" I replied confidently. "Good. Here is your schedule and here is a late slip for your first period." He gave me my stuff then sent me on my way.

1st period Ap government room 232. Great is that actually ironic and funny? I made my way up looking at the different class rooms until I found it.

"Could you please tell me why the New Ordinance farsighted?" The teacher asked. "To provide equality of all new states within the original thirteen." I answer as I just entered the class room which caused people to stare and glare at me. "That's correct Miss.." he trailed off waiting for me to reply. "Leigh Ryder" I told him. "Ah yes Miss.Ryder please take a seat behind Maria." He told me as a girl, who I'm guessing is Maria, raised her hand.

I went over to my seat and sat down only to have my shoulder tapped on by the person behind me. When I turned around my eyes met a guy. A guy I knew to well but yet he doesn't know me. "Next time let me answer my own questions." Ah yes the 'scarry' Logan Becker ladies and gentlemen. Despite how much I wanted to deck him in the face I didn't. I needed to control myself, that and he doesn't know who I am. "Sure" I replied and turned back to my seat quickly which caused him to chuckle slightly. God I hate him.

The bell rang so I went to my next class and I did so on until lunch. I went to the book room to get textbooks and everything for all my classes and as soon as I was about to leave I bumped into someone. "Oh my gosh Leigh? Is that really you?" Some girl asked but when I looked up I was shocked. " Alice?" I spoke softly. "OMG IT IS YOU!" she yelled and lifted me into a bone crushing hug which I gladly returned.

"Holy hell how have you been? I haven't seen you since soccer camp." I asked her and she just smiled. "Great oh god you should totally try out for the soccer team this spring." She told me but I shook my head. " No I..I quit soccer actually about two years ago." I told her which gave her a shocked expression "Oh um sorry I asked then." She replied. Me and her talked a little longer before the bell rang which cued us to go to our last class which we had together, Music. We went to class and today we had a sub apparently so we just talked some more and caught up about her life over the years

"Well what about you? Do you still play bass?" She asked and I nodded with a smile. At soccer camp we were bunk buddies, which was perfect because we both liked the same type of music which consisted of rock and different metal subgenres and we both played bass. The bell rang and we both exchanged numbers and sprinted for the door. As I left campus I saw a motorcycle, but not just any motorcycle. I saw Logans 2013 Aprilia.

People crowded around him and his bike as he was leaving and just as he saw me staring at his beautiful ride, my mom showed up in a town car which caused him to chuckle. "Get it Leigh we have to go home." My mother said. I sighed and stepped in.

****after ride home*****

"We were invited to dinner by our neighbors so dress appropriately please." She told me and I sighed. I didn't want to go I just needed to get away and it hasn't even been a week yet. I nodded and went upstairs to finish packing. About two hours later she called me and told me to get dressed.

I changed into beige colored sweater and light blue jeans. I'm not wearing a dress. I went down stairs to see my mother in a grey blouse and a thigh black pencils skirt. She looked at me and sighed " Feed Lila then let's go." I nodded and put some dog food in her bowl and refilled her water. Which cause her to look at me with approval.

We walked next door and a guy about my age opened up without a shirt, by the looks of it he just got out of the shower but I didn't mind. I was busy staring at his abs he didn't have a 6pack but a 4pack. "Mom, Dad they're here." He stepped aside and let us in but winked at me before closing the door. He ran upstairs I'm guessing to change leaving me alone with the parents. Great start to a fun night....