Oriental Pearl Tower

"Royal flush!" I yelled at Isaac. We were playing poker with braille/numbered cards so we could both "see" what we were doing.

"How did you get so good at this, I thought you barely ever played." Isaac whined.

So far, I won ten out of the twelve hands we had played. This means I get to pick our meals and where we shop and our first attraction that we will visit.  

"If we play anymore, I will have to start paying you, so I think I quit." Isaac stated.

"That's okay, the plane is just about to land anyway." I answered.

Upon landing and heading to the wonderful hotel we were staying at, The Peninsula, I settled in to the amazing master suite waiting for me. I soaked in the in room hot tub, played the grand piano, and wandered through the 5 rooms of pure awesome.

After a conversation between all the participating members of the trip, we decided (but mostly I decided) that our first stop was to be the Oriental Pearl Tower. I decided this because 1) I was really hungry and 2) I knew that the tower had a revolving buffet restaurant.

At the tower, Isaac and I experienced a few delicacies worthy of becoming a person and taking it to Las Vegas to marry. They had European, American, Southeast Asian, Japanese, and traditional Chinese cuisines and the desserts were heavenly. There was a 7 square-tiered cake with different flavors with different frostings on each level and it was the most gorgeous and scrumptious dessert I think I have ever had the joy to eat. The view from the restaurant was spectacular too. I could see all of Shanghai from there, and I must say, it was exquisite.

I recieved a package when I got back to the hotel, so I jumped on my king sized bed and tore it open.

Congratulations Hazel Grace, YU are officially in Shanghai. (That was your hint.) I wanted you to know I miss you, so I left this for you. Much Love, Gus.

Inside the package, along with the note was a single cigarette that said Okay?, a copy of The Price of Dawn, and Gus's Rik Smits jersey. After going through the package, a single tear trailed down my cheek, which led the dam in my eyes breaking and the tears flooded around me. I cried for hours, and when my mom came to check on me, she saw the package and she cried too.(but for far less time) I cried myself to sleep while holding the jersey to my face and breathing in the smell of the star-crossed love of my life.

When I woke up, I felt lighter. I think mostly because I cried about 10 pounds of tears, but hey whatever works. I had worked out the clue Gus left me, while soaking in my own tears last night. YU referred to Yu Gardens. So once everyone was awake and ready for the day, we headed for the gardens. I stared in wonder at the beauty of the garden. There were amazing ancient chinese buildings surrounded by colorful, blossoming contrasted perfectly with the shades of brown, red, and gold in the buildings. We looked in  all the old halls; Yuhua hall contained the next installment of flowers that After An Imperial Affliction. After finishing a wonderful day, we jouneyed back to our hotel and slept.

Over the next few days, we visited some of Shanghai's greatest attractions, like the Shanghai museum, the City God Temple of Shanghai, and Shanghai Disneyland. (I don't care what Gus says, it is truly magical in Disney!)

So after a long day in Disney, I changed into a hoodie and sweats, as I was freezing, and curled up by the fire (yes I have a fireplace in my room, how awesome is that) to read After AIA.

Cake, wonderful cake, the Dutch Tulip Man and I have been tasting cakes all day. We finally decided on an eight tiered cake with different icings for each tier. The top tier will be vanilla cake with champaigne flavored frosting. The second tier will be red velvet with cream cheese frosting. The third tier will be vanilla with chocolate frosting. The fourth tier will be vanilla with vanilla frosting. The fifth will be chocolate with vanilla frosting. The sixth will be chocolate with chocolate frosting. The seventh will be vanilla with strawberry frosting, and the eighth will be chocolate with peanut butter frosting. The whole cake will be covered in white fondant and intricately piped with designs. On the top of the cake instead of a bride and groom, we will have a 3D infinity sign that looks like two rings intertwined that says Okay? Okay. The tiers will have turqoise icing piped on them.

The tiers will each have a quote piped in black icing. The quotes will be such things as "I am on a rollercoaster that only goes up." or "I fell in love with you the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at once." Our cake will be amazing.

Also, after convincing the Dutch Tulip Man, we will have turqoise bouquets for the bridesmaids, and the flower girl will drop orange and turqouise tulip petals on the aisle. We are to be married in St. Nicholas Church in Amsterdam, and the reception will be at De L'Europe hotel. Cocktail hour will be held in the Herenkamer, and the dinner will be served in the Amstelkamer. The Amstelkamer overlooks the Amstel River where the beautiful flower petals are seen blowing in the wind.

We will incorporate orange and turquoise and blue into the wedding as well as white, and the decorations will be wonderful. Anna is smiling down on us from heaven. If there is one thing i am sure of, it is this.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I wanted to thank all of my readers who voted for this, I appreciate it so much. Also, I appreciate all of you who took the time to read this story. I would love suggestions or comments. THANK-YOU, readers! -Liz