3

the man above plays the role of marco x

[edited]

"Sam's coming over." My voice echoed from the kitchen. I heard scrambling from the living room, and I looked over the place. My mom was talking to someone on her phone. My eyes scanned our wall clock which was hanging on our bricked wall, and it read 7:06 am. "Strange," I thought for a second. But, whoever called her, must be someone so important. She's usually on her grumpy state in this early time, and would never bother to talk to someone else other than me.

Her voice was noticeably low, and she looked flabbergasted. It must be the house bills. Shaking my head, I placed down my cup of coffee and texted Sam back. You could say that the news hasn't left me shaken at all. It was because I told her so. I told Samantha to break up with Jey. I've gotten to realize that the three of us have no idea about each other's lives. Our relationship as friends used to be wholesome. But, obviously, Jeremy has to ruin us.

I laughed it off and sent her a voicemail. "Be sure to pay your own drinks and be careful lol!" I flipped my phone off and walked towards my mother, who was now sitting on the couch with a look of distress on her face. 

"Marcia and Ancelo died in a car crash." 

I made sure I've let out a fake gasp before saying anything. "When?" My voice was shaking unintentionally. I was a nervous wreck, and I'm sure I'm going to hell for lying to my mother. "A few days ago, and Marco wanted to sell the mansion." Of course. He even requested for my help. "-and he wanted you to assist a potential buyer." She looked at me before continuing. "He thought that it would be perfect since I've ensured him that you knew each part of the house and each story of every corner." 

"I refuse to." That was the exact thing I had told Marco when he first contacted me, and he never texted me back. "He granted me a check, and I have already taken it. Come on, Anna! He offered me a thousand bucks!" My mouth went agape, and I blinked. Hell, I couldn't even look at her as my mother! Technically, he offered ME the money!

I stepped back with a heavy heart.

I wasn't ready to step into Marco's life just yet.

/////////////////////////////////////////

hello let's be friends x

a penny for your thoughts?

rosecodal©

/////////////////////////////////////////