1

the girl above plays the role of anna x

The young girl stared at her beloved Aida. She had to stand on her toes to discern every feature of her best friend's pale face. She was old enough to know what had happened to her. There were no words that could explain how pained she was at the moment. Her mother, Mrs. Beth was crying beside Mr. Antonio. She couldn't help herself to frown. At the time of the tragedy, Anna and Aida were both covered in blood, and in the past few days, the whole neighborhood would look at her as if she's a killer.

"Dear, would you like to take some cookies?" She tightly clutched the extendover before nodding her head. 

She was ashamed. It would've been better if it was her who died, and not Aida. The smell of freshly baked butter cookies filled the whole room. Once again, she cried. The smell reminded her of Aida's obsession with Mrs. Marchesi's baked goodies. "Here you go." Her freezing hands went to meet Mrs. Marchesi's. It was good to feel such pleasing connection with Aida's mother.

She smiled at the elderly and ate one. Memories filled her system, and in every bite were sparks of endless laughter. It was hard to fight the urge of closing her eyes. A weak smile appeared on her face. But all of her peaceful memories were suddenly replaced with her chaotic ones. "I told you to not invite her in." Everything started to spin around as she realized who spoke behind her. She gulped down the cookie along with her dignity. 

"Marco! You're home early." Mrs. Marchesi stated, stepping beside Marco. Anna stayed in her rigid state. She was nervous, and all that she wanted to do was leave, leave as fast as she can. 

"Get out." He was frightening. Anna had no choice but to follow. It was what she wanted as soon as she saw Marco, and she wasn't in her place to complain. Although the young girl was nervous and crying, she had still managed to walk towards the door, her weeping mother followed behind her frail body. And once they were out of sight, her mother spoke.

"Stop crying." She looked at her mom who was now pulling a straight face. Her daughter wiped her tears dry. 

"So, did you get the cookies?" Anna nodded and reached into her pockets. "Good. Save 'em up for dinner." 

/////////////////////////////////////////

hello let's be friends  

rosecodal©

/////////////////////////////////////////