Dreaming

Hey guys!

It's been a while so this is probably gonna be a longer update. I wasn't in the mood to write action so I wanted to write something cute and fluffy. I've been reading too much romance anyway, lol.

So I'm going to write this one-shot with no plan, or anything to guide or inspire me. I'm just going to write. This is going to be quite a challenge.

I hope you enjoy, and forgive any mistakes I make, I just want to see how cute and fluffy I can get without a plan.

[check out the photo i posted. its hilarious i think i died laughing.]

Enjoy~!

Lucy stared at the clock, watching the minutes tick by. She was sick, and Levy had forbidden her to get up from her bed. Natsu had said he'd drop by an hour ago, but he still wasn't here.

Lucy had given up trying to occupy herself and blankly stared at the clock, or sometimes looked out the window as if to check if the pink-haired idiot had come by or not.

"Natsu's such an idiot," Lucy said out load, turning on her side to face away from the window. Her stomach lurched and pained when she did, she had a bad case of the stomach flu, but she ignored it and closed her eyes.

Though she just couldn't fall asleep. She got up to go to the bathroom and check her temperature, and it had turned out to be incredibly high - she hadn't gotten better. She was still feeling feverish, and her stomach still hurt like hell, so she decided to try and sleep once again. As she settled in bed once again, she heard the front door open. She guessed it was Levy and pretended to be asleep like her friend had instructed to do so.

"Lucy?"

She heard Natsu's voice call out, and opened her eyes, watching Natsu come into her room with a bag. He placed it on the floor next to her bed, and sat down beside her, "How are you feeling?"

"You were supposed to be here an hour ago." Lucy croaked, glaring at him. She didn't seem very intimidating with her frail voice and covered by many blankets, but she did her best to look angry.

"I was helping Wendy make you something so you would feel better." Natsu explained, taking out a container filled with something that looked like soup.

Lucy sat up, placing the plate Natsu offered on her lap, and put the container on top. She took the spoon from Natsu, stirring the soup as he added the herbs Wendy had prepared. She tasted the soup, and immediately felt a cold feeling spread through her body, the feverish state from earlier seemed to disappear. The soup was absolutely divine, and she couldn't help but devour it. In a few minutes, it was almost all gone.

"Natsu, who made this soup? It's delicious!" She chirped, her throat already feeling better.

"Really? I made it! I didn't know if you would like it, but Wendy tried it as well and said it was good." Natsu explained with his goofy smile.

Lucy stared at the soup, "You... made it? Just for me?"

"Of course, Lucy! It took me a while to get the recipe right... and I ended up burning it a bunch of times." Natsu laughed, rubbing his head sheepishly.

Lucy laughed lightly, feeling touched. Natsu went through all that trouble... just for her. It made her feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, as if the sickness had just flown right out of her body. Her heart skipped a beat when Natsu ruffled her hair.

"Now go back to sleep so you can get better and I can go back to annoying you." Natsu said.

Lucy pouted, "I'm not sleepy!" She infact was very sleepy, but she wanted to spend some more time with Natsu.