Stay With Me

Congrats on 100 followers, dear prettykitty280! You really are amazing <3

This is a Nalu one shot just for you, okay?

Stay With Me

Lucy PoV

I squinted, trying to see properly in the harsh sunlight. Sitting up and rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes, I swung my legs over the side of my bed and got up. I saw Happy curled up in a ball, sleeping on the ground. Smiling slightly, I picked him up and placed him on my bed. 

I stretched my arms, letting out a small yawn, and headed to the bathroom. I quickly changed into my usual clothing, after taking a short shower and combing my hair.

As I entered the kitchen, I wondered where Natsu was. He had been here last night, but he wasn't anywhere in sight now. Shrugging these thoughts aside, I quickly whipped together a meal, eggs and bacon. It was Natsu's favourite meal. I hadn't even realized that it was Natsu's favourite meal until it was done, and I realized that I actually missed Natsu being around to bug me.

What was wrong with me?

"Lu-shee!" A sleepy voice called. I turned around to see a tired blue cat climb up and sit on the dining table, "What's for breakfast?"

"Eggs and bacon." I dumped the food onto a plate and handed Happy his dish.

"Aww, no fish?"

"Not today." I sighed, taking of my apron and hanging it on the back of one of the dining chairs, "Hey, where's Natsu?"

"I don't know. Maybe he went to guild early." Happy suggested, munching down on an egg.

"But he always eats my breakfast first!" I countered, crossing my arms.

"You liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike him!" Happy exclaimed, rolling his tongue.

"I do not!" I shot back. "I'm just concerned, as a friend, okay? I'm going to go look for him." I slipped on my shoes and headed outside, closing the door behind me.

It was slightly chilly, making Lucy shiver. A few stray leaves blew down the street, putting on a small dance for Lucy. 

Lucy summonded Plue for some company, who happily skipped in front of her, mumbling something in the strange language of his.

She arrived at the guild, and was instantly greeted with yelling and fighting. She barely avoided a flying chair as she walked over to the bar, where Mirajane was watching the fighting guild in amusement.

"Hey, Mira!" I greeted cheerfully.

"Plue!" Plue said, waving at Mira.

"Oh hi, Lucy! Plue. Can I get you something?" Mira asked, looking at me kindly.

"I'm good," I said politely, shaking my head, "Have you seen Natsu?"

"Plue?"

Mira scanned the guild, her features morphing into a small frown, "Sorry, I haven't."

"It's okay!" I said, leaving the guild. Where could Natsu be? This wasn't like him, to just disappear without a trace. I was very worried now, and I didn't even know what to do.

I realized now, how much I missed him. I was so used to having always by my side, it felt so weird. I felt.............

Incomplete.

He was always there for me, catching me when I fell, cheering me up when I was sad. I felt so lonely and sad without him.

I shook my head, realizing what crazy thoughts I was thinking. Only a person in-love thought like this. Could it be?

Could I be in love with my best friend?

I realized that I had walked to the big Sakura Tree, and I smiled at it, memories flooding my mind. I looked around, and saw a certain pink-haired mage leaning against the tree with his eyes closed.

"Natsu!" I called.

Natsu PoV

I had left early this morning to think. I needed to know how I would tell her the truth. In my entire life, I had never faced a challenge so difficult.

Whenever I chose a strategy, it never seemed good enough for her. She was perfect, and I couldn't find a way that would truly please her. What was I even thinking? There was no way this was even possible!

"Natsu!" A familiar voice called. My eyes shot open and I turned to see Lucy running towards me.

"Hey, Luce!" I said, smiling.

"You idiot! You scared me to death! Where were you?" Lucy yelled.

"Huh? You were looking for me?" I asked, surprised.

"Of course! I was worried!" Lucy said, her voice becoming softer with each word until she was talking normally.

"Really?" I asked, "Sorry." I said sheepishly, rubbing the back of my head.

"So where were you this entire time?" Lucy asked.

"Here." I replied, putting my hand in my pocket and feeling the small box. I had totally forgotten about what I had been thinking! Lucy always had that type of effect on me for some reason, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

"Really, the entire time?" Lucy questioned, raising her eyebrows.

I nodded, looking into Lucy's eyes. When she met my eyes, I felt a jolt go through me, and I felt like I was on a train.

I clenched my fist, summoning all my courage and pulling out the small box from my pocket. I got down on one knee, opening the box to reveal a glittering ring, tinted pink, Lucy's favourite colour.

"Oh my gosh, Natsu...." Lucy said, clamping her hands to her mouth as she realized what I was doing.

"Lucy Heartifilia, will you marry me?" I asked, my heart beating faster than ever.

She hesitated, making me regret my choice and realizing how stupid I probably looked. Some people had gathered around us, watching us with lovey-dovey expressions.

"Of course I will!" She cried, running into my arms and giving me a hug. I stayed frozen, unable to process what happend. She said yes!

She really said yes!

I breathed in her scent, something I'd come to love and returned the hug. The 'audiance' cooed, making Lucy blush slightly. I couldn't have cared less, Lucy was the only thing on my mind right now, and even if I tried, I couldn't think about anything else.

I closed the gap between our lips, feeling sparks fly. My stomach did flips, making me feel funny.

We pulled apart, and we sat down under the shade of the Sakura Tree. She leaned her head on my chest, some strands of hair falling in front of her face.

"Hey, Natsu? Promise me one thing." Lucy whispered, looking up at me with her warm chocolate eyes.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Always stay with me."

"Forever." I vowed.

Happy 100 followers, prettykitty280!

~Infinite_Warrior