Don't Get Too Attached. ~Chapter 5~

Hey guys, sorry this is kinda short, I just thought it'd be good to end it there.

I don't even know why I write these, I bet no one even reads it, but meh YOLO.

Hahaha. I hate that phrase! ;)

Anywho, enjoy, 

Mel'z xxx

********************************************************************

Chapter 5

I thought hard about what to ask when I realised I didn't know how old he was, “How old are you?”

He smirked, “Seventeen.”

“Really?” I should have guessed. He was tall enough, and now that I was looking at him, I noticed he did look older and maturer than guys my age.

“Is that another question?” He asked.

“No, no.” I laughed, “Errm...” I thought hard, I wasn't sure what to ask him, so I went for something simple, “What's your favourite colour?”

“Green.”

“No way, me too!” I said as my eyes drifted to the graffiti on his wall, “Did you do that?” I asked, nodding towards the door.

“Yeah, I like art, it's one of my many hobbies.”

“That's so cool. It reminds me of my old boxing club, the guys their decided to graffiti the walls as a surprise for our trainer because the place looked like a dump. We were up all night doing it and it looked great. Well, I didn't actually do anything, I just observed 'cause I suck at anything of that kind.” I laughed at the memory. “It looked so colourful, and gosh I miss it so much!”

He was looking at me with a small smile on his lips and an unreadable expression on his face, “Sorry... Back to the questions... Erm, why did you offer to help me this morning? I mean, not many people would help a new neighbour?”

“Well, my mum asked me to see what was going on, and you caught my eye. You just look like someone interesting and mysterious. It's like something was pulling me towards you, I don't know.” He told me as he ran a hand through his short hair.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I suddenly blurted out. I'm not sure why I was asking him this, but I really needed to know. And honestly, I hoped that the answer was no. Not because I wanted him or anything, that wouldn't happen, I couldn't get attached. But I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted him to say no.

He sighed as if he was remembering something, “No.” He said bluntly, his eyes looked distant.

“What happened?” I pressed.

“You know this counts as another question, right?”

I nodded.

“Okay... She was my first girlfriend, we met when I was your age actually. We were together for and year and she meant everything to me, she was so pretty, and kind, and caring. It's like we were meant to be and she meant everything to me...” His eyes were glistening with longing and hatred, which confused me, “It was a month before our two year anniversary and I was so excited, I was planning on surprising her with a trip to Spain for a week for us to spend our anniversary together, so I'd taken her out to this posh restaurant where I was going to tell her, but she told me she wanted to say something to me first.” He took a deep breath.

“She was moving to Scotland with my best friend! Can you believe that?! She'd been sneaking around with my best friend behind my back for almost a year and I didn't know! I was so oblivious. I thought she was the one. And I couldn't believe my best friend went out and did that to me. We'd been friends for years!”