Don't Get Too Attached ~Chapter 11~

Hey guys, I know it's really short, but it was the perfect place to end the chapter. 

You find out a little more about Tatiana's background and get a bit of insight into her mind, and theres a cute little scene between her and Sam! *awwww* ;)

I'll try make the next one longer.

Anyways, enjoy! 

 ****************************************

Chapter 11

“What time is it?” I murdered as the finishing credits of the movie came onto the screen. I was sat with my legs folded under me and the duvet wrapped tightly around myself; Sam had somehow managed to get his head back into my lap but I lacked the energy to push him off.

“I dunno, around eleven?” He mumbled in reply.

“Ugh, already?”

Sam mumbled something incoherent in reply and reached for the TV remote. He flicked through the channels before stopping on a horror movie; 'The Woman In Black'. “This looks great!” He stated, sitting up.

“I hate horror movies!” I whined.

“Don't worry, this one isn't that scary.” His eyes were trained on the TV.

I screamed and buried my head into the duvet.

“Aw come, it's not even that bad!” Sam teased. “You can look, she's gone,”

I glanced at the screen discreetly only to bury my head deeper into the duvet. “I don't like this!” I complained.

Sam put his arm around me comfortingly, “Don't worry, it's not like she'll show up at the window or anything.” He chuckled.

I shoved his arm off as the image of The Woman In Black standing at the window popped into my head, “Don't say that!” I exclaimed, curling myself into a ball. I hated horror films with a passion, I didn't understand what people found so entertaining about them, they were just so scary.

“I was joking Tatty, calm down,” he laughed as he pulled me towards him. I tried to glare at him and resist but I couldn't help but give in. “Stop trying to glare at me, I know you want me.”

I shuddered at how right he was. No matter how hard I tried to resist him, I couldn't. It was as if I was addicted or something. I spared a glance at the screen and a little scream escaped my mouth. I buried my head into Sam's neck and I could feel him trying to stifle a chuckle, but nevertheless, his grip around me tightened.

“Don't worry, I'll protect you.” He whispered.

Those three words. “I'll protect you.” They echoed around my head for ages after he said it. I felt like they had a double meaning. I felt as if he truly meant it. Like there was a deeper meaning to the phrase. Something warm filled my insides as I smiled into his neck. My heartbeat had accelerated, but I disregarded it; for the first time in a long time, I felt content. I hadn't felt this comfortable being held by someone ever since...

Memories of my brother came flooding into my mind but I pushed them away immediately. He had said those words to me whenever I felt scared, he had always been there when I needed him. Until he left that is. I was only six when he'd left, but I could remember the pain like it was yesterday. I couldn't be grateful enough for boxing. It helped me numb the pain, and release the anger I felt towards him.

Ever since my brother had left, I hadn't let myself get attached to anyone. I'd built a wall around myself, my dad being the only one I'd let in.

I hadn't gotten close to anyone else apart from my boxing coach, and some of the guys from the club. They understood me, most of those guys had been to hell and back, and it was like we had a mutual understanding between us all. They were like my second my family. I felt a pang in my chest as I remembered them. I used to spend almost all of my free time with them. They had helped define me; they'd taken me under their wing and built me into a machine.

I missed them.

No one else had been able to break into my wall, but sitting here in Sam's arms, I realised I might be mistaken.

It had only been three days, but I was too involved with Sam. He had somehow managed to get to me, and my wall was slowly getting weaker and weaker, and it scared me.