World War Two 1943 July 9th

            Acelin wasn't able to speak to Hitler right away. There was a meeting happening in southern Germany that he had to attend to. Normally Acelin wasn't impatient but this time it was different. The old letter that he read made him want to go off and search for Rosemary right a way. All he could do was think about her; it was driving him crazy.

            He had sent a telegram to Hitler asking to speak with him when he returned immediately. Hitler agreed.

            “So Eagle, what is it that's so urgent that you couldn't tell me through telegram, mail or even by phone?” Hitler asked as he settled into his chair

            “Remember over more than two veeks ago you asked me if I could kill mein uncle?”

            Hitler leaned forward and placed his elbows on his desk while his fingers interlaced hiding his mouth from view. “Ja, I do.”

            “I vant to do it. I vant to go und kill him.”

            One of Hitler's brows arched. “Really? Vhy the sudden change of heart?”

            The memory of what Rosemary had put down in the letter flashed in his mind. He called me names and beat me down. He even tried to rape me. He was angry as his hands clenched tightly into fists. “Because mein bastard of an uncle has lived for far too long, und someone needs to put that man in his place, once and for all.” His teeth gritted together and his nails dug into his palms making them bleed, not that it hurt since he couldn't feel pain.

            Hitler clapped his hands together as if to applaud his words. “Very good mein boy, I vondered vhen it vould take you to realize that these Jews are nothing but scum of the earth.”

            “Ja mein Fuhrer.” Acelin said in agreement. It was the first time that he had ever agreed with Hitler.

            “Very vell then.” Hitler stood from his desk and walked over to Acelin. “I shall grant you permission to go und kill that uncle of yours.” He patted his shoulder lightly. “In fact stay there for a vhile. Hantze tells me that you have been depressed so vhy don't you take the chance und relax a little before returning to mein side. Go for one month und a half.”

            Acelin raised his arm above to salute him. “Ja mien Fuhrer,”He lowered his arm to look at the man who now seemed smaller than him. “I shall go.”

            It would take three days to reach the land that he had grown up in. Hitler had wanted to assign another Nazi to accompany him but Acelin declined his repeated offer. This was between only him and his uncle, no one else would be there to witness an act that he had dreamed about doing when he had read Rosemary's final letter.

            His stomach knotted at the very thought of her.

            He leaned his head against the glass window of the train; the coolness of the glass didn't seem to help with his worry. He had missed her.

            Missed Rosemary so much that it ached.

            Closing his eyes he tried to picture what she would look like now, if she were truly still alive, but it was hard for him to do so. Just the thought of hearing that she had been killed made his heart nearly stop beating.

            Back when he was younger, just a month after he had turned seventeen, Rosemary had sent him a letter that made him burn for two full weeks.