Ch. 21

Sebastian's POV

I wished to be with my young master forever. But for that wish to become reality, he had to turn into a demon. I had the power to turn him into a demon myself, but Mira happened to hear what I was thinking. She said  that she wouldn't agree on the young master being my partner unless we passed her test. If we did pass, she promised to turn my young master into a demon and to protect our relationship. However, if we did not, my young master would have to suffer for eternity in the depths of hell while I watched.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Father!" I tried to reason with him but he took away my voice.

A crease appeared between his brows for a second, but then he smiled, "there's no reason to say any more, my son. My test, you have failed it."

My eyes widened as the scene shifted. I was standing inside a dark, hollow cavern. You could tell that it was vast as the darkness seemed to go on forever. The clacking of my shoe against the stone floor reverberated as I walked to look around. The air, as always, smelt of sulfur. Of course I  recognise this place as I have been here. This was were I took my slumber when I got fed up with humans. This was were I first heard my master's call. This very depths of hell. I frowned, not knowing why I was back here. Then I heard a sob. A young man's soft  sob filled with misery. "Sebastian..." It called.

I turned toward the voice, recognising it. "Young master!" When I did, it was like I travelled back to the past. The young master was caged whilst bounded by chains, his clothes tattered and filthy. And his eyes reflected his pain, fear, desperation, suffering, and hate as he clung unto the rusty bars to hold up his battered body.

"Sebastian!"  He called out, holding a hand out to through his jail. His sorrowful eyes focused on me.

I stood there, an invisible force keeping me from moving or even making a sound. I watched as the figures around him that were clad in black defiled and laid their filthy hands on my young master. 

"Sebastian, come back to your senses." I heard my sister's voice from a distance before the scene shifted back to the summer house. Mira was still seething mad with our father, and my young master was still laying unconscious on the bed, but thankfully, it did not look like he was hurt.

"There is a way to keep what you saw from happening," the man in front of us chuckled, looking all amused. "Instead of being with someone who is ashamed of their lover... leave him and come back to hell with da-"

Darkness exploded around Mira quite literally. Her eyes glowed luminous red as she glared down at our father. "Indeed, I am only your heir... but what do you think would happen if I decline the throne?" She chuckled sadistically, "you will have to do your dreaded boring work... forever."

This hit our father hard in the face. He gulped at the thought. "And what would mother say if she found out that you came here just to treat us like children?" The king of hell froze. He might've been the most powerful man in hell. But behind every powerful man is a woman that can bring them to their knees. Well, at least that was the case for our parents.

"W-Well..." The king stuttered. "A-All I have to do..." He cleared his throat, trying to fix himself. "All I have to do... is accept him, yes?"

My sister continued to glare down at our father. "Accept him and then go back."

"I really don't get this argument about  tests..." The young master groaned as he sat up, pausing a bit before looking up at the king fearlessly. "Your son is a grown man. He is more than capable  of deciding for himself even without you telling him what and what not to do." He managed to say clearly even though his voice was hoarse.

My father's face turned sour. "That sounds like something she'd say..." He muttered before turning to me. "Sebastian, are you really fine with that?" Motioning to my young lord.