sometimes you regret who you're friends with

"Stop looking at me like that."

        The smile doesn't leave Jess' face. It's a shit eating grin, and it's making me want to smother her with the ice cream pillow next to her. "Like what?"

        "Oh don't be a cunt."

        She throws her head back and laughs, rolling around her bed for a more dramatic effect. "How am I being a cunt? I'm just smiling. And laughing. Maybe mockingly, maybe not."

        It's like she's not even trying to be sympathetic with my situation. (Okay she probably isn't, but I like to pretend Jess isn't a piece of trash most days of the week)

        "It's not funny!" I whine. I didn't want to deal with new people for the next 6 months. Hell, I could barely stand the Jenner's when they stayed for only one month, and now I was expected to deal with a couple of even more famous strangers for 6?

        I was either going to die or be convicted of murder in the next couple months then.

        Jess finally quiets down, but the smug expression on her face is still present. She relishes in my pain, I just know it.

        "Realistically My, you're only going to have to deal with them for about 2 or 3 months," she says smoothing down the sheets bunched beside her before continuing, "And you're mom will basically owe you for dealing with this shit and let you road trip with all of us for a month at least. She can't take that away from you. That is the one thing she can't mess with."

        I run a frustrated hand through my hair. She just didn't get it. "That's the thing Jess, she can mess with that. You know how important this job is to her. It's the only thing that'll ensure that I don't ever have to pay for student loans, and the medicare plan that comes with it is incredible. And the fact that she will mess with our road trip for the sake of these guests scares me. I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm roped into babysitting these people, I just don't know." My voice breaks a bit, and I'm struggling to even think properly. I was always one for dramatics, but this was something I had been planning and hoping for since I was in the 8th grade and dreaming of getting out of this stupid state.

        Jess immediately places a hand on my back, tracing random shapes into my skin. "Hey, hey no," she says softly leaning her head against my shoulder, "She's not going to do that okay? I won't let her. She can't, and I know she won't mess with it unless it is quite literally life or death Maya. Don't stress yourself out over nothing."

        "Who are these people anyways? They seem kinda shitty if they're making your mom take this job last minute," she rambles on and I appreciate her trying.

        Jess wasn't a complete shit best friend I suppose.

        I wipe my face, hoping that I didn't have any signs of tears. I was so fucking frustrated at this moment that I could cry for hours and still not feel a bit relieved.

        "I don't know," I sigh. "She wouldn't tell me. She says they're really famous though, but that could literally be anyone."

        "Maybe you'll get lucky and get The Vamps. Or Zac Efron. Or Dave Franco. Maybe even James Franco too," Jess smirks twirling a piece of my hair between her fingers.

        I roll my eyes, feeling a bit lighter. "I doubt it, I don't have that type of luck."

        She shrugs. "Doesn't hurt to be optimistic now does it?"

        "Easy for you to say, you're not getting roomed with a bunch of strangers. Who might not even be cute," I mutter sullenly. (The second part was obviously a joke, cute famous people suck)