Chapter 11

I walk out of the classroom with Brad closely behind me.

I notice some girls checking him out, so I take a step back and put my arm around his waist. He does the same back to me, not noticing the female attention.

It's lunch so we decide to eat out. We stop by the office and sign off our names and we're told to be back by the end of break. That's 45 minutes. Sweet.

We decide on KFC. Luckily it's a short walk around the corner. We share a box for two containing the potato and mash, 2 chicken pieces, chips, 4 hotrods and two cans of coke. We also order rolls because I can't get enough of them.

"What do you think?" Brad asks between mouthfuls.

"Yeah it's great. I'm lovin it!" I say laughing "Do you see what I did there?"

"Haha yeah isn't that the McDonalds quote?"

"Exactly."

We both start laughing as someone gets into a fight with an employee because they're missing sauce.

"What has become of this world to have a fight over sauce?" I ask Brad, watching the quarrel closely.

"They must really like sauce." He says, dipping his chip into his coke.

"Eww what are you doing?" I scrunch up my face at his random act.

"It tastes great! Try it!" He hands me the coke soaked chip.

I take a bit and it actually doesn't taste that bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I scrunch up my face again and hand it back to him. He puts it straight into his mouth and swallows it without another thought.

Sometimes I don't understand boys.

After we finish our meal we decide to buy something else. We can't decide what to order so we line up and think at the same time.

When we get to the front a heap of lights start flashing and balloons and confetti fall from the roof.

"Congratulations! You are our one millionth customer! We reward you with free merchandise and a free meal deal. Enjoy the rest of your day!" He smiles and hands us two bags filled with KFC branded things and takes our free order.

We decide on the biggest meal and wait for it to be ready.

Shortly afterwards we are handed our food, so I text Jasmine to meet everyone at the cabin straight away.

We walk about to school. Sign our names and meet everyone in the cabin.

"I smell chicken! OMG is that KFC!?" Nat yells as soon as we open the door.

"Oh guys you shouldn't have!" Hannah says.

"Yes you should! I would die if I had to wait any longer to have KFC! It's been ages!" Jess adds.

"You guys are amazing!" Amy compliments as she noticed Brad. "Hey Brad, what's happening?"

"Why'd you bring him here?" Tara scoffs.

"Ok everyone! Meet Brad! Lani and him are pretty close." She smirks, ignoring Tara's rude comments.

"Hey." Brad smiles.

"OMG really? When did this happen?" Amy squeals.

"Not that long ago." I smile proudly, looking up at Brad.

"So are you guys actually, like together?" Jess questions.

"Yeah, what do you mean by close?" Hannah adds.

"Well, we've...." I don't get to finish my sentence because Brad twists me around, bringing his lips to mine.

He's such a show off. I know he only did this for a public show but I feel special knowing he wants to show off with me in front of my friends.

I smile against his lips as I hear everyone start cheering and clapping, while Tara scoffs and grunts in disgust.

She's just jealous. She isn't nice enough to be in a relationship with a caring guy like Brad.

"Wow guys, get a room!" Jasmine laughs with everyone joining her.

I put my middle finger up and everyone starts laughing harder.

We all eventually lounge on the couch, happily eating our chicken, which Tara refused to join over something to do with it being too deep fried.

Despite bad things only happening just over an hour ago, it feels like a different day. A day where everything is perfect.

Words could not describe how happy I was to be in Brads arms, surrounded by my friends, eating KFC chicken. Can it get any better than this? I think not.