Chapter 4

When I came to, I hadn't realised I had passed out. I seriously thought I had died.

Turns out the knife never hit my chest, nor did it hurt anyone at all.

It was plastic. Not sharp enough to pierce meat.

Turns out Jasmines friends weren't dead but they had died of laughter when I woke up.

Turns out it was a 'new arrival prank' on my behalf of coming.

"So how'd you know I'd come?" I asked Jasmine as everyone went to wash off all the red paint.

The cabin was actually really cool. It was only so dark because they covered everything with black paper to stop the red paint from marking anything. It had a lounge area, kitchen, bathroom and some beds too. It was like a cabin you'd stay in at a camping park, only in the middle of a forest behind a school.

"We already knew, we've had this set up for ages so we were just looking for someone. If it hadn't been you it would have been the next person." She said with a smile.

The other girls walked in, all wearing clean clothes and no more paint.

"Ok so here are my girls, as I told you earlier, you will love them! So this is Jess, Amy, Hannah, Nat and Tara," she said looking at me whilst pointing to each girl. "Guys this is Lani."

I watched everyone and noticed small things about then which I hadn't when I first saw them.

Jess's hair is red, but if you look at it closely it has brown underneath and is slightly blonde at the roots. Her smile is beautiful even with a lip ring in the middle of her lower lip. Despite her harsh look, she's really sweet.

Amy is a little shy, I think. Or she's just incredibly bored with the conversation. She doesn't seem to have anything to say and keeps flicking her short jet black hair away from her face as she picks at her nails. When she looks up noticing me watching her, I learn she has really bright blue eyes making them look amazing in contrast to her dark hair.

Hannah has the cutest face I have ever seen. She has perfect freckles and prominent dimples. She doesn't even have to smile to be able to see them. Her blonde hair and blue eyes pretty much finish it off. She has a slight accent which I think might be British which makes me love her even more.

Accents are my favourite thing about people. Specially Brads. I can't remember what it sounds like due to the shock I have endured today. I can't wait to hear it again.

Nat is just random. She has green hair and matching eyes which reminds me of some kind of leprechaun. She has the cutest and loudest laugh leading to everyone joining her. She always says the perfect thing. Whether to inspire or entertain she is a word genius.

Lastly was Tara. She seemed to not like me very much as every time I looked up at her she was sending me a death stare. I gave her a small smile which lead to the frown deepening showing that my gesture made her hate me more. She looked a lot like Jasmine and I. Almost exactly the same as Jasmine for that matter.

"Lani?!"

"Huh what?" I look at them, totally confused.

"You tend to zone out like that don't you? Like in maths." Jasmine asked while clicking her fingers in front of my face to make sure I heard.

"Yeah I guess." I reply shyly.

"I asked if you were enjoying school so far, you know, since your new." Jess asks.

"Yeah we only know since we've never seen you around and stuff. We're not stalkers I swear!" Nat adds with a laugh.

"Yeah it's ok, I don't really know anyone except you guys."

"Oh yeah Lani needs some help with a certain project" Jasmine playfully adds.

"Ha second day back and you need help already? Pfft what's wrong with you?" I didn't need to look up to know who said that.

Tara.

"Quit it Tara, Brad. She needs help with project Brad." Jasmine defends me.

"Oh, he is a hottie isn't he?" Amy says clearly interested in the new topic.

"I don't know, yeah he is but I don't think so." I reply, my cheeks going a deep red.

"We better get back to class, otherwise teachers will get pissed." Hannah saves me from the awkward conversation.

"Well it was nice meeting you all, see you around." I dismiss myself while Jasmine gets up and walks to the door with me following closely behind her.

"Were you surprised? Did we scare you?" Jasmine turned around.

"Yeah you did"

We walked the rest of the way back to class in silence, but this time it was a comfortable silence.

----------------------------------------

It had been a week since I had met Jasmines friends. We had been hanging out all the time, but we stayed in class and met them afterwards instead of skipping.

I was once again sitting in maths, Jasmine next to me and Brad in the back row.

I decided to try to get to know Brad by sitting next to him, but before I could Jasmine sent me a look while mouthing 'what the hell?'

I shrugged and walked back next to her while glancing back a couple of times.

The teacher was late, as usual, so we didn't do much for the first half of the lesson.

When the teacher came in a strikingly good looking boy walked in after her.

I gasped and my mouth dropped open as soon as he walked in.

I couldn't help it.

He was......just.....I couldn't explain it.

He was perfect.

He stood with perfect posture, hair swept to one side and blue eyes shining. His skin tone was slightly tanned which matched perfectly with his hair, sandy blonde and brown at the roots.

I must have been staring because Jasmine threw her eraser at my head.

"Ow what the hell?!" I angrily whispered.

"Stop staring!" She slightly giggles at the way I have reacted to the newcomer.

He walks towards the same row I am in and finds a seat.

"Well sorry he's so attractive" I reply.

Jasmine bursts out laughing and goes totally red.

People turn around to look at me.

I turn around to see the new guy standing right there putting his books down at the desk next to mine.

My face goes red as the room erupts with laughter. Even the teacher is attempting to hide a laugh but fails.

I look around before covering my face with my hands.

Wait did I just see.....

No don't be stupid.

I look back just to make sure it wasn't a dream and sure enough there was Brad.

He was looking down at his desk, his eyes full of sadness, not laughing at all.