Chapter 9

"Are you sure?" I ask for the hundredth time.

"Yep." He says giving me the small box.

"I owe you though!" He smiles shaking his head no, as I open it and take the earrings out.

They are small black moustaches.

Brad said it was a present meant for his older sister but she didn't like them, so he insisted on me having them. I wondered where she would be until he told me she had moved out.

I put the earrings on and they look great.

"Thank you!" I say leaning in to kiss him again.

He put his hand up signalling for me to stop.

"But first lemme take a selfie!" He shouts as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and starts snapping photos.

We stick our tongues out and pull thousands of different faces. The pictures turn out really good and he makes the best one his lock screen.

We hear scratching at the door, so we open the door and Dart darts in. Brad teaches me how to get Dart to do tricks. He can speak, shake hands, high-five, roll over and stand on his hind legs. We reward him with treats and cuddles which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Without noticing the time, we fall asleep during conversation about why he always smells like mint. Turns out it's his toothpaste.

----------------------------------------

When I wake, I find myself inside his bed. He is also asleep next to me, on top of the covers.

He looks really cute when he's asleep. His mouth was slightly parted and small snores escaped his lips. I attempted to get out of bed without waking him but I have no such luck.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles, still half asleep.

"Hey sleepy head."

"What time is it?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

I check my phone. I have three missed calls from my aunt.

"It's 7:30, I better go home soon." I say and he agrees.

"It's cold outside, do you have a jumper?" He gets up and walks towards his closet.

"Nope, but I'll be fine." I assure him.

"Don't look I'm getting changed." He giggles, sticking his head out from behind the open door.

I turn around laughing, facing the bed with my back to him.

I feel two hands grab my shoulders twisting me around and pulling me towards his chest.

He now wore jeans and a black Nike shirt. He pulled a black hoodie over his head and handed me his VANS hoodie.

"Take this it's warm." I put the jumper on and he's right. It also smells like him.

We head towards the front door and his parents are no where to be seen.

We walk back to my house, his arm around my shoulders keeping me warm.

"Thanks again for everything! It really means a lot." I thank him again as we stand on my doorstep.

"No problem, anytime Lani." He kisses me quickly before heading back home.

"Text me when you get home!" I yell to him.

"Sure thing!" He replies from halfway down the street.

10 minutes later he texts me.

*I'm alive but I already miss you!*