Chapter 17

I knocked on Freddie's door and he looked really pissed when he opened it. "What do you want, Eloise?" Freddie frowned. "I like you," I said.

"What?" Freddie leaned in, making sure he heard it right.  "I like you, I always had. You were right, I just didn't want to admit it," I kissed him on the lips and his arms wrapped around my hips as he kissed me back and leaned in closer.

Just behind Freddie, I saw Percy. He's face had no emotion, he just looked at the floor then back to me then the floor again. He swept his hair out of his eyes and in a second, he was gone. That was weird. He should have been all "Good job in moving on!" but no, he looked.. upset or troubled. Was this what he really wanted me to do? 

Freddie let go of the kiss and a big smile appeared. "Is this true?" Freddie smiled from ear to ear, showing his adorable dimples. Slowly, he let go of my hips and waited for my answer. "Yes," I nodded. 

Freddie made a big smile again until I said, "But.."

"Uh-oh, but is never good," Freddie's smile faded and so did his adorable dimples. I thought about it hard. Is what I'm going to do right? "I have to go. I'll tell it to you later, come over my house in 2 hours," I faked a smile and left.

I rushed home and took some stuff from the kitchen and living room, I hid it in my backpack. One I got all the stuff I needed, I ran to my room. I sat on the floor and looked up, it was Percy. He smiled but I could see it was a fake smile from the pain in his eyes. 

"You still love me," I gulped, not knowing what he would say. "Ofcourse I do," Percy said without looking at me. I smiled and was about to stand up. "But you don't," Percy continued. 

I got back to my sitting position. "Ofcourse I do, idiot. The truth is, you never did want me to move on and forget about you but for my best you forced me to right?" I looked at him. 

I took almost an hour and a half writing a letter and thinking if this was right. "Yes, I didn't want you to move on. Why do you want to know?" Percy finally answered. "Because we can make this work!" I smiled happily. "Make what work?" Percy looked puzzled. 

"Our relationship," I said. "What relationship?! Look, you can't even touch me!" Percy yelled, waving his hands through my body. Tears dripped from his eyes like a fountain.  "You don't get it, don't you? I promise you, very soon, we'll be together forever," a tear dripped my eye. 

I took everything out from my backpack and my hands shook once I held the knife. Yes, a KNIFE. 

I've always wanted to die anyways..

"I promise," I whispered. I could hear footsteps on the staircase. I ignored it and bravely stabbed the knife into my chest. I shouted in pain. 

I took out the knife from my chest and stabbed it again at another part of my chest. To tell you the truth, I was so desperate to be with Percy that I wanted to stab myself for more than 10 times. Again, I yelled louder this time, having to suffer twice the pain. 

"Eloise!!" I could hear Freddie yell. He ran over towards me and looked at me. He looked at the knife on my hand. "HELP!" Freddie shouted as loud as he can. "HELP! PLEASE!" He shouted louder. "I'm sorry, I know you--," I said softly. "No, no I love you, please don't leave me. I thought that finally I met the one and you want to leave me? Please," He started crying. I looked at him with pity.

My mum came in the room and gasped and Megan did the same thing only seconds later. Mum quickly rushed to call the ambulance. Freddie hugged me and told me how much he wants me to stay and he's sorry for whatever he did to make me cry. I just laid there on the floor, not being to move my body as it got weaker and weaker.

He let go of the hug and his shirt was full of blood so was mine. Mum appeared in the room with her phone while she was calling Dad. She was full of tears. "I promise you Megan, I'll never be a burden to your life anymore," I smiled. 

I looked beside me and saw Percy smiling at me, 'thanking' me for what I did, just for our love. Slowly, and slowly, my vision got blur. I couldn't breathe anymore but I tried not to make it obvious but it must have been THAT obvious since Megan started crying and ran towards me, hugging me saying goodbye. "DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!" Freddie yelled in anger.  

It was too late, my eyelids closed and all I could see was a bright light. I went to reach for it and Percy appeared, holding my hand as we reached for the bright light together. I love you Percy. 

---

Freddie opened the letter that was laid next to my dead body, where paramedics etc. were picking my body up and whatever they do when someone passes away. 

"Dear Freddie,

Thank you for trying to make me move on and make me become a normal person. I know you must be thinking why I killed myself? I do love you but I can never not love Percy so I decided to be with him forever, up there. You know what I mean. I always wanted to do this but he wouldn't allow me to and once, you stopped me remember? Truth is, I found out that I am never normal. You trying to make me normal is very impossible, I will still believe there is no point in life but there's only one thing I believe in life. That is love. Yes, I love you but Percy is the one. I'm sorry. And thank you.

xoxo, Eloise."

Freddie closed his eyes and smiled, happy that I got what I wanted but upset that I was gone. "Good bye, Eloise," as he waved at me, standing there with Percy, smiling. He folded the letter and placed it in his pocket. He walked away with tear leaving his eyes.

T H E E N D.