Chapter 23

Caitlin POV

"Why was Peyton in here?" Katie looks annoyed. "And why was McKenna asking me questions about Logan?"

I decided to answer the question about McKenna hoping she won't ask about Peyton again. "At the soccer party, you called Logan when you dared to call your crush." I remind her. "Is he still your crush?"

"I have a boyfriend." She answers with sass. "Do you guys not pay attention?"

Obviously not that close to her life... "I guess not, sorry."

"Does McKenna have a thing for your brother?" Katie seems amused and I nod. "I figured. They would be cute, but Logan would have to learn not to be the dominant one."

If he is interested in her, I still don't think I would want them to date. I am still pissed off at Logan, but even if I wasn't, my best friend and my brother are not a combination I think I would like.

"So why was Peyton in here?" Katie brings up again. "Was she telling you a list of the girls she was going to try to get while we were here?"

I dig my nails into my bed. "I feel like you are making that up. You had a problem with Peyton the moment she got here then she took your number."

"Hell yeah I didn't like her when she moved here, but I didn't recognize her then." Katie walks around the room messing with things. "A new girl came to our school and was guaranteed a spot and took my number when I was the captain. If you were me you would have been pissed too."

I don't know about all that. "Whatever, but how do I know what you told me was true?"

"I am curious as to why you actually care." Katie smirks. "But I'll tell you in a second."

She disappears in the bathroom and I hear the shower running. She would take a shower right now and make me wait. I grab out my phone and send a text.

Caitlin: I'll meet you guys at dinner.

Peyton: Whatever.

I was about to toss my phone to the side when two text messages came in both from McKenna.

McKenna: You're a bitch

McKenna: Seriously we need to chat & you're a bitch

I toss my phone aside and while Katie takes a shower, I get changed. I assume if she is showering, she isn't swimming later on. If she is swimming, she doesn't think it through or she loves her showers.

By the time she got out, my patience was growing thin. I don't want to believe Katie, but I don't want to admit ignoring Peyton was for no reason.

"Tell me." I demand the moment Katie sits on her bed. "How do I know you aren't making this up?"

Katie looks entertained and it's irritating. "At the beginning of the season when the coach handed out the paper with all the numbers to each player, do you remember?" She questions.

"Our phone numbers?"

"Obviously Caitlin." God she is a bitch sometimes. "I was putting Peyton's in and it popped up already on my phone. I had her saved as Soccer Hoe."

My mouth drops as my eyes roll. "Soccer Hoe? How? When? Why? You have to give me more information."

"I was at a tournament last winter with my indoor club team. I was sitting against the wall minding my own business when this girl sat beside me." Katie goes down memory lane. "I never knew the girl's name until this school year when she was flirting with me. Behind her I saw a couple of her teammates watching her. She eventually asked me for my number."