Chapter 13

"Aww they look so cute together."

"Let's take a picture and add it to their baby books."

I could hear our moms whispering above us. Me and Joe must have fallen asleep downstairs and I was laying on his shoulder and his arm was around me. My eyes were still closed. I don't know if he is awake but there is no way I am letting them add to those stupid baby books.

"Don't touch the camera mom! That book is already filled with enough embarrassing pictures." I heard Joe say to his mom. So I guess he was awake.

"But you guys just looked so cute together. It reminded me of when you were little kids and you used to fall alsleep like that. Please just pretend you're sleep so I can get one picture!"

There is no way I was gonna let this happen. I raised my head from Joe's shoulder and sat up. "Too late Mrs. Jonas. Not this time."

Both of our mothers walked away while grunting about missing the perfect photo. Of course his mom yelled at us as they were walking up, "You two hurry up and get upstairs then cause you have presents to open."

"Okay we're coming."

I looked over at Joe and he was smiling at me. "Good Morning Demi."

"Good Morning Joseph." I know he hates being called that.

He had a look on his face like he was about to attack. "What did you just call me?"

"Obviously I called you Joseph. Whatcha gonna do about it?" I stuck my tongue out at him and then started running toward the steps. I know it was childish but it was still funny.

"You can't out run me Demetria!" He started run after me.

I didn't even make it half way up the steps before he grab my ankle and stopped me from going up them. He pulled me down but I didnt hurt myself. I flipped around and he fell on top of me.

He was looking down at me very intensely and we were both breathing a little hard from out little run and wrestling match. "I told you that you couldn't out run me."

I smirked. "So you caught me. Now what are you gonna do?" My head was screaming for him to kiss me!

He looked very indecisive. "Something I know I definitely shouldn't do."

His head started to lean in. This is it! Joe is going to kiss me! He pushed back the hair that was in my face and bought his face closer and closer to mine. Our mouths were centimeters apart...

"Maybe I should come back." We both looked up to see Nick standing at the top of the steps watching us with a smirk. Joe jumped off me and ran his hands through his hair. He looked so guilty and I felt so bad cause I know I shouldn't have let it go that far when he is with Ashley. "Why am I always the one to catch you two in these situations?"

We both had absolutely nothing to say cause we both know that if Nick hadn't stopped us then we would be in a full blown makeout session on the steps right now. I tried to look at Joe and tell him it was okay but he was staring at the ground.

"We better go upstairs before someone else comes looking for us." Joe stood up and walked around me and right up the steps. He walked right past Nick and didn't even look at either of us. I can only imagine the guilt he must feel right now. I decided to let him go cause I knew he didn't want to talk to me.

I looked up at Nick and I hated the look he was giving me. He was looking at me like he felt sorry for me. I'm sick and tired of people feeling sorry for me! That's all I ever get lately is those stupid sympathetic looks! I turned around and ran back down to the basement and sat on the couch with my head in my hands. I fought back the tears cause I'm so done crying over everything lately.