Chapter 7

The past two weeks at this school has really been pretty interesting. I have to say that a lot of people know who I am because my performance in class last week. After that class a bunch people kept coming up to me and asking me to do duets with them. I told all of them that I would let them know but truthfully I don't really like singing with people I don't know.

I do have a little group of people I hang out with at school. Starting with Sel of course,my bestest friend; then we have Victoria,the girl that loves Lady Gaga and btw she can sing and dance her ass off;next we have Drew and Nathan,they are cousins and can dance and rap,they are the boys that were rapping on the first day on the bus. Lastly there is Zane; the guy of my wildest dreams. This boy has had me on edge for the past two week and I just find myself more and more hooked. I'm always secretly planning our wedding in my head. I of course have a crush on him but I won't act on it because I am not even close to being over my crush on Joe.

Speaking of Joe let me clue you in on what he has been up to. I talked to him on the first day of school and I told him all about my first. He didn't sound all that excited when I mentiond Zane but I guess that was just Joe being Joe. Then everyday last week I tried to call him but his mom would always answer and say that he was out with some friends. I have to admit that my feelings where really hurt because I thought he was avoiding me or something. Then Saturday I went out with Victoria and Sel to the movies and I came back and called Joe. Finally he answered but when he did I could here this girl giggling in the backround. When I asked him where he had been all week he just blew me off and told me he was busy. Then I just hung up on him. I had no idea what he had stuck up his ass but I was just hoping it got out quick.

So I called Sel over and cried most of that night. The next morning she tried to convince me that I should just ignore him till he came to his sense. Luckily he kinda did because he called me Sunday night and did somewhat of an apology. His exact words were "Sorry Demi for being busy and acting stupid last night but I just got this new girlfriend and she kinda is jealous because I told her how close we are." He totally blew me off all week because of her, some chick that he just met ! I don't even know this bitch and I already don't like her. Anyway after he gave me his punk apology I just told I had to go. 

This girl is obviously changing my Joe and I don't like it at all !

Basically me and Joe are back to an ok friendship but I can tell it's not the same. But what can you except when you move across the country...

Other than me slowly losing my best friend to some tramp, note the sarcasm, my life has been pretty good. Me and my friends have gotten really close. Zane tries to flirt with me every chance he gets which helps keep my mind off of Joe a little. He is such a sweetheart and a really great friend. 

Right now I am waiting for my turn on stage. Today is Friday and the day that we have to perform in the cafeteria for Vocal Arts class, yes there is a stage in our cafeteria. I have been working on this song all week that I wrote about Joe. Right now Sel is on stage singing Katy Perry's Firework just for fun. 

After she walks off she gives me a hug and a thumbs up. I walk on stage with my guitar and people already start cheering. Wow am I really that good. 

I walked up to the mic and the cheering died down. I looked at the table that me and my friends sit at and they all gave me thumbs up. Zane just flashed his signature sexy grin which helped my nerves a little.  

I smiled back at him and then talked into the microphone. "Hey everybody I'm Demi and I'm gonna sing a song I wrote called 'Until You're Mine'. I hope you like it." I took a quiet deep breath when I notice everybody and I mean everybody had there full attention on me; freshmen, sophomores, juniors, even seniors. I saw Chelsea and bimbos watching me intently from there table.