Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf - Philip x reader

I was walking through New York with Philip Hamilton, the man who was courting me. Philip was always fine with me going anywhere I went, and the vice versa. Today he said he had some business in town, and at first he didn't want me to follow him at first...but I persuaded him a bit. He finally let me follow.

We entered a house and he faced.....George Eacker. I glare at him.

"Eacker." I say bitterly. He smiles horribly.

"Washington." He said. He faces Philip. "A word, Hamilton."

I was about to walk with Philip into the next room, but then he pushes me back.

"Wait by the door." He says sternly. I had never heard him use this tone. I nod, waiting in the room. After almost 30 minutes, Philip comes back out, Eacker smiles again, waving to Philip as he headed out the door. I follow Philip quickly.

"Philip, what just happened?" I ask. He wouldn't say anything. "Philip?"

"It's none of your concern, sweets." He said, kissing my forehead quickly. He quickly smiled, showing me that there was nothing to be worried about. But his eyes said it all. "Come on, let's go home."

After my father, George Washington, had died, my mother had insisted that I stay at the Hamilton's while she takes care of the property and everything. I've been staying at the Hamilton's for quite a few months now, and in those months I've been dating Philip. Philip would tell me practically everything, even the most embarrassing stuff. This was the first time he didn't tell me what was going on.

That night I went into Mr. Hamilton's office, halfway in the door. He looks up from his door. He smiles.

"[name]!" He says. "What can I do for you?"

He seemed a little sarcastic, but also tired. I wouldn't blame him, he's been working for almost five days straight and his wife pretty much told him off when she found out he was cheating on her. I try to smile, but I end up almost crying. He widens his eyes.

"Is something wrong?" He asks, standing up.

"I'm worried about Philip, sir." I say. "Has there been anything going on with him?"

His eyes added, and he looks in a different direction. He still had his quill in his hand.

"[name], dear, please sit down." He says, putting down his quill and pulling up a chair. I sit in it, and he goes down on one knee, and suddenly information that could fill pages come spilling out of his mouth. To conclude, he said that Philip and Eacker had gotten into a fight and Philip made the stupid mistake of threatening him to a duel. Eacker agreed that they should, and that's why they were negotiating in another room at Eacker's place. I widen my eyes and start crying. I run out the door. Mr. Hamilton had told me where they were dueling, and I quickly got a horse from Mr. Mulligan and rode over there. I quickly stopped the horse, getting off of it just in time to here the people counting down.

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7-"

"[name], no!!"

"*click* *BOOM*"

I fall to the ground, a red substance flowing out of my [shirt/corset]. I got up, looking at my wound, smiling. My hands drained color. Everything went by so slow, yet I was going so fast. I turn to Philip, who was now crying above my body, screaming my name, but all I could here was the sound of my own heart beat going slower and slower, until I heard was the high pitched ringing in my ears.

"I love you Pip." I quietly whisper.

"[name].."

I turn around, and see him. My father. I see my father, I see Mr. Laurens, I see Mr. Hamilton's well talked about mother and cousin, I see everyone I had lost over the years. I smile, crying. I turn back to Philip, hugging him one last time, as I did once with my father.

"I'll see you on the other side, Philip."